PDA

View Full Version : ORA Kudas

jcgso
01/22/2015, 06:14 PM
My lfs just got in three pairs of ORA captive bred Kudas. Does anyone have expeience/success with them and are they actually captive bred?

redhorse
01/22/2015, 09:58 PM
ORA is reputable in my opinion. But they usually cost a pretty penny once the LFS get them. I would still purchase from DAN (seahorsesource) because he can give you much more info. (superb customer service too). JMO

rayjay
01/22/2015, 11:35 PM
Also, buying from seahorsesource.com means that you get stock that hasn't been exposed to pathogens from being housed in systems that have had, or do include other fish. A big plus IMO.

jcgso
01/23/2015, 09:50 AM
They are priced at $125 each. Much too high in my opinion.
rayjay, I did think about that and was concerned. I believe all of their tanks are connected and fed by one system.
I had pretty much decided to buy from Dan, but was curious about these Kudas.

Mo2
01/27/2015, 02:13 AM
$125 for kuda? WOW! You should just wait for a pair on Divers Den lol

ThRoewer
02/20/2015, 04:45 AM
I was looking for a pair of sea horses and shocked by the prices.
I can remember when kudas would cost just about $10 and even reidi were just around $50. Now they are ridiculously expensive for a fish with a relatively short lifespan
Am I missing something here?

rayjay
02/20/2015, 10:00 AM
First of all, not all breeders are selling for the price that ORA sells for.
Second, you would never have gotten a true captive bred kuda for $10 unless from a friend.
One of the reasons for the short life span was the source of the seahorses, plus the lack of proper care they need in most cases.
Now people are keeping seahorses for 5 yrs and more when properly maintained.
Dwarf seahorses though are still short lived at about 1 1/2 to 2 years usually.