PDA

View Full Version : BRS Dual GFO and Carbon reactor for a 180G

reelredfish
01/23/2015, 11:30 PM
So here is a question. I had just bought this before I tore down my smaller tank. With the new 180 in wall and the actual 45 gallons of sump water I am wondering if its even worth me putting this back on line or not?

I have to clean my glass daily right now so I am sure I have some issues but nothing major either an all seems healthy.

I am very much still completing my build going on about a year as for it was a large project included as part of our remodel....also trying to spread the cost out if you know what I mean.

Would you use it or sale it? Was maybe used for 2 months tops and I have a bunch of media for it as well.

downbeach
01/24/2015, 06:00 AM
Ultimately, I think you're better served with two individual reactor's. So, if it were me, since I like to run the GAC in the opposite direction, I'd sell the dual, keep the media, and get individuals as the need arises.

droth335
01/24/2015, 10:08 AM
+1 I had a double reactor and it never really worked well for GFO - very difficult to keep the media tumbling regardless of which chamber.

reelredfish
01/24/2015, 11:55 AM
You can separate these two chambers very easily. There is an entire thread on it. Couple parts and a drill is all that's needed.

Then you can change the flow on each of them.

reelredfish
01/25/2015, 07:00 PM
Bump

sean obergfell
01/26/2015, 03:48 PM
BRS deluxe reactors are excellent. I have had their duel reactor. Now it sits on a a shelf.

TruReef
01/26/2015, 04:20 PM
You can separate these two chambers very easily. There is an entire thread on it. Couple parts and a drill is all that's needed.

Then you can change the flow on each of them.

can u give me a link? I searched and can't find it....

reelredfish
01/26/2015, 06:27 PM
TRU will send you a PM as for not sure I can post it. However this is not even the one I found last time. Its easy to do then you can provide the flow you want to each of them.

Just check yahoo or google and you should fine several....just may not be on this site.