PDA

View Full Version : Trim

tntdsol
01/24/2015, 10:04 AM
I have a glass 24x24x12 30 gallon aquarium. Does anyone know if I can remove the top trim to make it rimless?

AdamNC
01/24/2015, 10:05 AM
It was manufactured with the rim for a purpose, I would not remove it.

tntdsol
01/24/2015, 11:18 AM
I understand that in most cases it is there for a reason. But I purchased this tank used and the trim is pretty beat up for some reason it has been died into, taped, painted and no telling what else. I was just looking for a way to make it a little less stressful on the eyes.

sleepydoc
01/24/2015, 11:55 AM
"died into?"

Refer back to Adam's response. There are structural design differences between rimless tanks and rimmed tanks. The trim serves a purpose, to support the tank. It's function may not be obvious, but that doesn't negate it. Ugly trim that is intact is still serving it's purpose. Pretty trim that is broken is not. Any trim that is removed is not.

You can paint the trim, cover it, etc, but do not remove it.

uncleof6
01/24/2015, 01:50 PM
According to the official typo translator, given the context: "died" = "drilled."

According to the official typo translator, given the context: "it's" = "its" (possessive form of it.) "It's" is a contraction for "it is" or "it has."

Just saying... ...I know I know... :blown::uzi:

sleepydoc
01/24/2015, 03:10 PM
According to the official typo translator, given the context: "died" = "drilled."

According to the official typo translator, given the context: "it's" = "its" (possessive form of it.) "It's" is a contraction for "it is" or "it has."

Just saying... ...I know I know... :blown::uzi:

Damned auto correct! Thanks for pointing out my horrible grammar! :facepalm: