PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find a good ramp timer for LEDs?

Morrisons
01/24/2015, 10:39 PM
Hello,

We happened to purchase LEDs that are not programmable. We have them on regular timers (from Home Depot) but are worried about the going from off to on so suddenly.

Has anyone found a decent (and inexpensive) ramping timer that could be used with LEDs?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

ca1ore
01/24/2015, 11:01 PM
I use the current USA model on my TruLumen LED strips, and it works quite well. Not sure if it is compatible with any other LEDs though.

Dapg8gt
01/24/2015, 11:02 PM
There is the storm and blue fish that seem to be great from when I was looking into them..You would need to wire it into the unit but it's basically exactly what your want for less then $100.
http://coralux.net/?wpsc-product=storm-led-controller

kevin_e
01/24/2015, 11:14 PM
They'll be fine turning off and on, they're designed to do that and no, I don't believe there is anything external that can control N LED unit as you desire unless you get a controller.

Morrisons
01/24/2015, 11:35 PM
They'll be fine turning off and on, they're designed to do that and no, I don't believe there is anything external that can control N LED unit as you desire unless you get a controller.

It seems that our leather coral's polyps are out at night (I see them when I wake up in the morning before the aquarium lights come on). However, later when the lights come on the polyps retract and the don't come back out until later in the morning. I was thinking that maybe the lights turning on suddenly was shocking it. The Hammer and Torch corals seem to be ok however...

-MM