PDA

View Full Version : Doa pressure gauge / system startup question

funkyman
01/26/2015, 06:35 AM
I setup and began operation of my 90 GPD with manual flush unit yesterday (brand new). The pressure gauge won't move off of "10-ish" regardless if the system is running or not.

I also couldn't get the 3rd stage to completely fill. I tried bleeding the air out, but when re-tightend, the water level would drop back down 1/4 - 1/2 inch below being full. This level would also fluctuate dramatically for some reason.

I'm guessing I'm going to be a candidate for a booster pump. I imagine this has something to do with whatever my water pressure is, but without a functional gauge I'm pretty much dead in the water (no pun intended).

SpectraPure
01/26/2015, 12:58 PM
fUNKYMAN,

Please measure the amount of good water produced in 1 minute, and also the bad water for 1 minute. We prefer Milliliters per minute. This will tell us what your actual flow rate is, and I can determine if it is the gauge. Did there appear to be shipping damage on the box or gauge?

Jeremy

funkyman
01/26/2015, 01:20 PM
No visible damage to either the box or gauge.

I'll try to get the output experiment done this evening when I get home.

funkyman
01/26/2015, 06:20 PM
My source water tested @120, so I'm using the green flow restrictor:

Good water: 120 ml
Reject water: 500 ml

Upon turning on the system today, as well as during operation, the water in the 3rd stage dropped down 2.5". Upon shutting off the system, it would completely refill.

The pressure gauge was still non-functional.

funkyman
01/28/2015, 05:48 PM
Bump

SpectraPure
01/29/2015, 11:56 PM
Jim,

Email me your proof of purchase to [email protected] As for the water being low in the canister. This is not really an issue. It could be that your system is lower than what you are trying to fill. I experience this at home on my MaxCap. As long as your tds is reading 0 on the output, there should be no problem.

Jeremy

SpectraPure
02/16/2015, 09:28 AM
Lonado,

What are the TDS readings, pressure of the system, and waste to product ratio's?

Jeremy

Dino
02/16/2015, 09:47 AM
Sorry Jeremy, Lonado had to leave. He was a copy and paste bot spammer. :)

If you want me to remove this and your post just say so. Thought I'd let you know though :).

SpectraPure
02/17/2015, 03:19 PM
Thanks.

funkyman
02/18/2015, 05:31 AM
I'm not sure how my thread got hijacked this bad, but this it needs to be closed.

If anybody's wondering, I handled the pressure gauge issue with the vendor I bought my system from.