PDA

View Full Version : My 20 gallon poor man reef.......

soeminpaing
01/28/2015, 06:34 AM
I started reefing about a year ago. Since then like many others I have been changing from one tank size to another. I set up a small nano tank about 3 months ago while I was building a 2 feet cube with a sump. My tank has been finishing in snail speed but my nano is doing great that time. Just want to share my poor nano tank without much of fancy equipments.

Tank - YiDing 80L (24x14x15)
Lighting - Reefradiance nano 60
Filtration - Hang on filter (Sun Sun) with Rowa carbon and foam
Wavemaker - Jebao RW4 with 12V power supply
Corals - Torch, Hammer, Brain, green star polyps, Palys and zoanthids, Sun coral, Green goniopora, Frogspawn.
Fish - Misbar ocellaris, bangaii cardinal, yellow watchman goby
Inverts - Nerite snail, Trochus snail, Cerith snail, Dwarf zebra hermit, red leg hermit, Marble seastar.

chefbill
01/28/2015, 08:49 AM
very nice. You grow those as frags that fast or start with colonies? If colonies, our definitions of "poor" aren't the same :-P

Daniel62
01/30/2015, 11:27 PM
nice lps

Reeferside
01/31/2015, 12:15 AM
very nice. You grow those as frags that fast or start with colonies? If colonies, our definitions of "poor" aren't the same :-P

I wanna know this too. And if you grew them out, please share what your miracle supplement is :)

soeminpaing
03/11/2015, 12:15 PM
Sorry about late reply. In the country I am currently residing at each colony cost only 6 US dollar.

bizacon
03/11/2015, 12:36 PM
Sorry about late reply. In the country I am currently residing at each colony cost only 6 US dollar.

Should I pm you my address or post it? :)

That is awesome... beautiful tank

lviva003
03/11/2015, 01:52 PM
Poor mans reef? you got to give yourself more credit. The tank looks really nice. if I was you, I would rearrange/ add more liverock so you can build an island type of rockwork so the top part of your tank doesn't look too empty.