PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

rugby2711
01/28/2015, 08:01 AM
Hi All
Had a Red Sea Max 130D for about 12 months and decided to upgrade, currently this is the worst thing I have ever done. About 3 months ago I switched from my Red Sea Max to a Aqua One 275. Since then I have had nothing but issues. Where do I start

I moved all my Live Rock and water from my smaller tank and topped up with new. It is 275 litres with around 30Kg of Live Rock. I have the Filter Sponge, Wool, Bio Balls and live rock in the sump with a Bubble Magnus Curve 5 Skimmer

About a month ago I got whitespot in the tank, managed to clear with Oodinex and lowering salt level down to 1.018 (cant take any lower as its a reef aquarium) after 2 weeks signs of white spot gone but last week about 6 fish died in about 6 days

Since then my tank has started to look cloudy, all fish are accounted for so I know its nothing rotting

Checked all levels using a JBL test kit, everything seems fine apart from the PO4 is at 1.8 mg/l which is high.

What could be causing the cloudiness!!!! and more importantly any ideas what might have killed the fish

kendrid
01/28/2015, 08:07 AM
Ich most likely killed your fish. You need to get them into a hospital tank with copper or a true hypo salinity levels.

I am not sure about the cloudiness but it is probably a bacterial bloom.

Clowny88
01/28/2015, 08:11 AM
About a month ago I got whitespot in the tank, managed to clear with Oodinex and lowering salt level down to 1.018 (cant take any lower as its a reef aquarium) after 2 weeks signs of white spot gone but last week about 6 fish died in about 6 days

What do you mean by a white spot in the tank? Was it on a fish? And what do you have for livestock?

morleyz
01/28/2015, 08:14 AM
Ich most likely killed your fish. You need to get them into a hospital tank with copper or a true hypo salinity levels.

I am not sure about the cloudiness but it is probably a bacterial bloom.

This ^^

If you keep your display tank fish free for 72 days, your display will be ich free and you can treat your remaining fish with copper in QT. If you can set up 2 hospital tanks, you can use tank transfer to eliminate ich from the fish instead of copper. Look in the disease forum for more info about ich. It can be a real pain if you don't fully deal with it.

rugby2711
01/28/2015, 09:03 AM
The issue is I have no where for a QT tank, remaining stock

Regal Tang
SailFin
Maroon Clown
Damsel

To catch them I would have to take the tank to bits which would cause more harm I think

The whitespot was on the fish,yes.

No signs of it for 3 weeks now though

Just cloudy water

FraggledRock
01/28/2015, 09:11 AM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2381605

gone fishin
01/28/2015, 09:29 AM
If you do have ich and you do not want to QT the fish and treat then do not add any more fish. Eventually the ich will overwhelm the fish and win. Once all the fish are gone leave the tank fishless for 72 days then you will not have ich in the DT. Good luck