PDA

View Full Version : It's happening! IM Fusion Nano 20 Journal

thetonyage
01/29/2015, 03:23 AM
So after a few years being out of the hobby, I can't stand it anymore, I need an aquarium in my life and the Fusion tanks look so darn sexy :D

This will be my first venture into nano sized tanks. My previous reef tanks were 125 gallons and 150 gallons. I've always enjoyed the idea of a small, compact reef display though, and being limited on space the Fusion 20 will be perfect. I am going to use this thread as a journal for myself to keep track of my reefs progress and ask you all (probably multiple) questions every step of the way ;)

I don't actually own any equipment yet, I'm still in the planning stages but here's my list so far:

Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion Nano 20 gallon AIO tank
-I'm debating on purchasing the IM stand for it or not. If anyone has any experience with it I'd love to hear some input.

Radion XR15w Pro LED light fixture
-I plan on having an assortment of SPS and LPS corals. These G3 Radions sound pretty good from what I've read so far. Any input on this would also be appreciated.

IM Desktop Ghost skimmer

Vortech MP10

Cobalt Neo-Therm 75w heater

IM MiniMax media reactor (for GFO most likely)

Upgraded media baskets since the ones that come with the tank are pretty bad. I plan on running chemi pure in one and doing a sort of mini fuge with chaeto in the other.

Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 ATO

Neptune Apex JR
-I'd really like some input on this one. Would the Apex JR be sufficient for my needs? I'd like to use it to monitor pH, monitor and control temp, control the Radion, MP10 and ATO. I'd also like to add their lunar module at some point along with a dosing pump.

For salt I'm torn between Reef Crystals and Red Sea Coral Pro.

Well, I guess that's about it for the first post. Any questions/comments/concerns, any kind of input at all really would be appreciated. Thanks for reading my post and I hope you decide to follow my tanks progress.

P.S. Who's making consistently good test kits these days?

ryeguyy84
01/29/2015, 08:25 AM
The Apex Jr will work for your needs, you may have to add an extra power bar if 4 plugs aren't enough.

why not use the apex for an ATO instead of the Tunze? it can do everything the Tunze does and more.

And you will need the module to control the Radion and Vortech. it works great.

thetonyage
01/29/2015, 09:33 PM
why not use the apex for an ATO instead of the Tunze? it can do everything the Tunze does and more.

And you will need the module to control the Radion and Vortech. it works great.

I figured I'd hook up a float switch to the Apex as a backup for the Tunze...maybe I'm not thinking about that correctly though.

The module you're talking about is the WXM right? Does it require a breakout box?

ryeguyy84
01/30/2015, 05:59 AM
If you haven't already bought the tunze don't bother. Just get a float switch and a break out box and your set. I use 3 floats one for topoff level in the sump and one for low sump warning. The last is to tell me when the ato container is empty.

You can program all the same safety's as the tunze but this can email or text you.

And yes the WXM, it does not require the BOB.