PDA

View Full Version : Vertex V6 pump

Kenmx10
01/30/2015, 03:56 PM
Does anyone have any head loss data for the Vertex V6 pump?

Premiumaq
01/31/2015, 12:42 PM
Let me dig into that for you.

Kenmx10
01/31/2015, 09:11 PM
Thanks, Ive looked all over and even sent a message to Vertex and still can't find any info.

Premiumaq
02/02/2015, 10:27 AM
Well, I'm running into the same issue. Also, Proline is the US distributor, and their site is under construction. Here's the contact info for Proline - maybe someone can get through.

Monday to Friday 9AM to 6PM PST

Phone: 1-877-682-3474
Email: sales@prolineaquatics.com

Kenmx10
02/02/2015, 05:41 PM
Thx, If I can find the info ill post it.

Nodintree
03/02/2015, 10:24 AM
Did you find out info on vertex V6 pump head loss

Premiumaq
03/02/2015, 12:35 PM
I have sent out inquiries, but received no response.

We don't have the units or I could just do a physical test and calculate the numbers off of a flow meter.

I will keep asking, hopefully someone answers.

fisheye1
03/16/2015, 05:04 AM
Greetings all,

I just replaced a Red Sea sump pump (Sicce rated at 7000/lph) with the Vertex V6. I was very surprised that the volume/pressure at the return nozzle is about half of what I had. I even had to turn off my reactors to direct water to the tank, and still the flow is not enough. I do have to say that the pump is dead quiet, but there is no way its pushing even 1/2 of the rated 6000/lph. The problem with buying these pumps is you don't know what they will perform to until you buy them, and then your stuck with it, no returns on used pumps. I was replacing the red sea pump purely on the noise factor, it is noisy. Anyone recommend a quite pump for 6000/lph? I was now thinking the abyzz A100, or red dragon RD3......

Premiumaq
03/16/2015, 07:59 AM
fisheye1: I'm sorry to hear that you had such poor luck with the pump. As you can see from above, we tried reaching Proline for some information, but were unsuccessful.

Premium Aquatics is no longer a vendor for Proline, and since we parted ways it has been VERY difficult to reach them or to receive a response. Even though we're no longer involved, we try to help each and every hobbyist who asks, because we believe in CUSTOMER SERVICE. That's why it frustrates us to hear about your scenario: a simple response from them months ago could've prevented this.

ksed
03/16/2015, 08:00 AM
The Vertex has a 6000l/h flow rate. Much less than the Sicce.
Get one of these and put it under the pump. Then add a 6 inch piece of silicone tubing between the hard plumbing for vibration. You will not hear anything after that.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/silicone-heat-mat

Greetings all,

I just replaced a Red Sea sump pump (Sicce rated at 7000/lph) with the Vertex V6. I was very surprised that the volume/pressure at the return nozzle is about half of what I had. I even had to turn off my reactors to direct water to the tank, and still the flow is not enough. I do have to say that the pump is dead quiet, but there is no way its pushing even 1/2 of the rated 6000/lph. The problem with buying these pumps is you don't know what they will perform to until you buy them, and then your stuck with it, no returns on used pumps. I was replacing the red sea pump purely on the noise factor, it is noisy. Anyone recommend a quite pump for 6000/lph? I was now thinking the abyzz A100, or red dragon RD3......

fisheye1
03/16/2015, 12:23 PM
Hi

Thanks for the advice, that is exactly what I did do, and it did reduce the noise, along with freeing up some pressure by directing some water to reactors. But its nowhere near as quiet as the vertex V6, but the V6 is nowhere near the pumping performance advertised...

Klaus Jansen
03/24/2015, 10:23 AM
Hello fisheye1 ...

make a look on the speedadjustable RD3-Speedy 8000. This pump is much stronger and deadsilent. AC-pumps are out of fashion here in Europe...

best regards ... Klaus