PDA

View Full Version : LiterMeter 3 Power?

VisionsOfSalt
01/30/2015, 10:14 PM
I have the Spectrapure Liter Meter 3 dosing pump head with 2 slave pumps. I used it to dose cal/alk/mag on my 95 where the pumps and dosing containers were under the tank. On my new build I'm toying around with the idea of keeping the containers in the garage but am unsure if the pumps have enough draw power for that type of operation. If I were to mount the dosing containers in the garage the pumps would need to pull vertically 6-7' and horizontally 80-100' before dropping down in the MD room behind the tank and into sump.

Is there anybody out there that can attest to the ability of these pumps to operate this way? This would be the preferred method but if not possible from the pumps I'll figure something else out.

Thanks in advance.

VisionsOfSalt
01/30/2015, 10:18 PM
Oh I suppose I should say that I could also mount the pumps in the garage where they could pull 1-2' and push 5-6' vertically then 80-100' horizontally before the drop. Just another approach I suppose.

Tcook
01/30/2015, 10:41 PM
The manual says that it can draw from 25 feet below and push 60 feet up so I would think it could handle that horizontal run. I have not tried that distance with mine.

VisionsOfSalt
01/30/2015, 11:27 PM
Thanks Tcook! I read the same thing but needed some reassurance as I'm wasn't sure what horizontal push/pull would equate to (I would assume far less than straight vertical heights). From the manual it seems like the pumps would be better placed near the containers in the garage, going off the pull vs. push ratio. If in the garage they pull less feet and push more but if under the MD they would have to pull more than push.

I think I've confused myself.

Fury165
01/31/2015, 02:56 AM
Post your question into the Spectrapure vendor forum, the guys there are usually very responsive.

Mark Bianco
01/31/2015, 07:45 AM
I can attest to 3' draw, 6' vertical rise, and 15' vertical. The only issue I see it would require at least 2 persons and maybe a walkie talkie to do monthly calibration.

VisionsOfSalt
01/31/2015, 08:42 AM
Fury - I sent an email to them yesterday afternoon and am waiting for a reply. Thanks for the heads up that they are in the vendor section at RC.

Mark - thanks for your personal experience, good to know! I suppose I'll need to dust off the old boost mobile phone

VisionsOfSalt
02/03/2015, 09:21 AM
In the event anyone is interested, here's the response I received from Spectrapure.

"The pump will produce almost 40-PSI and will provide a vertical lift to well over 100 feet and 1000 horizontal.

The suction distance will also not be a problem.

The ATO and the LM3 pumps are identical; only the controlling electronics are different; so, there is not a problem here either."

Good stuff! Sounds like I'll be able to have the controlling heads under the tank so I won't need help during calibration :)