PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator Nano issues

nanoreef16g
02/01/2015, 07:04 PM
I have a brand new Osmolator Nano that I hooked up yesterday but didn't plug in until today as I needed to fill my ATO reservoir. When I plugged in the Osmolator today, the sensor was above the water line. I figured I would plug in the Osmolator and let it fill. I plugged it in and only got about a half second pump of water and nothing more. I then checked the that the float sensor was working by activating and deactivating the float switch manually. I could hear it clicking in the relay. I then unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and got the same half second response. At this time I had to fix my main return pump so I unplugged the pump which filled the sump above the Osmolator's float switch. When the return pump was plugged back in and the water line fell below the float sensor there was another half second pulse of water and that was it. Are there any other troubleshooting techniques I could apply?

rvitko
02/02/2015, 12:55 PM
It is one of two things-

1) If when you unplug it and plug it back in the pump runs for 1.8 minutes (1 minute 48 seconds) and then pulses, this is the normal back up timer safety, it only allows replenishment for a set time and this can be adjusted and must be adjusted for larger tanks, 3 minutes is the alternate setting for tanks 25-55 gallons, 1.8 is only for up to 25 gallons. The safety is a back up if the float were to fail.

2) If it only runs briefly after unplugging and plugging it back in and the float is not stuck due to a nearby magnetic field, the pump is faulty and we can send a replacement pump.

nanoreef16g
02/02/2015, 03:17 PM
The pump must be faulty then. How do i go about getting a replacement?

rvitko
02/02/2015, 03:57 PM
Email me your invoice- Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

nanoreef16g
02/02/2015, 07:37 PM
I sent the wrong invoice I just realized. Waiting on a copy from the seller.

nanoreef16g
02/02/2015, 07:58 PM
Correct invoice sent.

nanoreef16g
02/05/2015, 08:29 PM
Roger, got the new pump and it works perfectly. Thank you!

rvitko
02/06/2015, 10:29 AM
Thank you!