PDA

View Full Version : Coral dying please help

juniorrocketdad
02/04/2015, 01:36 PM
Hello so yesterday I did a water change everything seemed fine but now I see this on my hammer 306528 m panicking please help it looks like it's dying

ajespo85
02/04/2015, 01:37 PM
what are your parameters? no one can help till we get all the information.

username in use
02/04/2015, 01:37 PM
Tough to see what is really going on with it. Might be nothing. Might be starting to split. If nothing else has been affected and it was in good health before, give it a couple days and see what happens.

bubblewood
02/04/2015, 01:50 PM
Look like its receding in the upper left corner? Does it look like mush, jelly?
Need more info on ur parameters.

juniorrocketdad
02/04/2015, 02:11 PM
The left side looks like it has been ripped, yesterday I for got to put the return back on from the sump so that may not have helped I called the lfs they said nitrates won't help but from the injury it looked like a crab was digging for food and ripped a piece off it looks like hammers with a string attach parameters are 30 nitrate really low phosphate sorry don't have a test but basically no algae other than coralline, salinity is 1.0258 temp is 78 ph is 8.4 haven't done any others should i

juniorrocketdad
02/04/2015, 02:15 PM
Also one of my fish is an orange spot goby and I haven't seen him in 3 days in than the day before it it came out to feed and didn't see it the day before that, could it have died and spiked the nitrates

juniorrocketdad
02/04/2015, 02:20 PM
I've spent to much time on this to give up, I refuse to let a single piece of coral or fish die if there is something I can do about it, no matter what it is I will do my best to get it done

PhaneSoul
02/04/2015, 02:23 PM
I don't think nitrates alone did this, lps prefer a bit of nitrates and I have personally seen hammerheads, frogspawns and torches enjoy some nitrates and not bat a tentacle at high nitrates