PDA

View Full Version : Who makes Bowfront Aquariums Anymore??

banthonyb71
02/04/2015, 08:59 PM
Looking for a bowfront Aquarium Larger than 72 gallons. I called Aqueon, to inquire about a 155 and they told me they where discontinued:angryfire:

Qceanic no longer makes the 175?

I absolutely love these aquariums. They apparently just aren't that popular tho.

If anyone know of a company that makes them, (preferably in glass but will consider acrylic.) Please let me know. Not the half circle or the corners tho, a true Bowfront. Greatly Appreciated.

ViktorVaughn
02/04/2015, 09:27 PM
Deep Sea Aquatics makes a 100 and 180 gallon bowfront. I just got my regular 105 from them and am very happy with the tank.

banthonyb71
02/04/2015, 10:11 PM
cool find man thanks. I cant believe googling a bowfront is so difficult. atleast for me it is. All thats comes up is Aqueon. Apparently there is a LFS right around the corner that is a dealer. I'm calling tomorrow.

JoelA7
02/05/2015, 12:40 AM
AquaVim used to make them too.

Indiana Reefin
02/05/2015, 06:01 AM
I had a 72 gallon bow that I miss. It does distort a little bit so it can be hard to take pictures. I would talk to cadlights as well. I know they have bowed glass on their smaller tanks.

ViktorVaughn
02/05/2015, 06:21 AM
No problem, good luck with your search. I just ordered mine through aquacave and was really impressed with shipping. Granted it only went from AZ to me in CO, I ordered on a Friday and it showed up on a freight truck the following Wednesday.

banthonyb71
02/05/2015, 08:06 PM
No problem, good luck with your search. I just ordered mine through aquacave and was really impressed with shipping. Granted it only went from AZ to me in CO, I ordered on a Friday and it showed up on a freight truck the following Wednesday.

I'm having a hard time finding a purchasing source for the bow. No reputable online retailers stock it, and that LFS, I called today, didn't even know they where a dealer:confused: They almost hung up on me. I called Deep Sea but the person in charge of the pricing already left for the day but the guy on the phone said the 100 and 180 are back ordered. he said he is fairly confident that the 180 is $996 but there is no way. He most have goofed up and gave me the company's cost. as an estimate on a few websites had it ranging from $1800 to $1900.

ViktorVaughn
02/07/2015, 10:08 AM
I'm having a hard time finding a purchasing source for the bow. No reputable online retailers stock it, and that LFS, I called today, didn't even know they where a dealer:confused: They almost hung up on me. I called Deep Sea but the person in charge of the pricing already left for the day but the guy on the phone said the 100 and 180 are back ordered. he said he is fairly confident that the 180 is $996 but there is no way. He most have goofed up and gave me the company's cost. as an estimate on a few websites had it ranging from $1800 to $1900.

Bummer man, I'm sure you've done so already but if not DSA has a dealer locator on their website. Yeah that $996 seems low. My 105 was around $700 so maybe you got quoted the 100's price. In any case, good luck with your search.

Sk8r
02/07/2015, 10:20 AM
AquaVim still makes them. I have a 102 gallon bowfront, starphire glass, oak stand and canopy. It took two strong men and two women to get it up 6 steps and onto its stand, after which it glides on several teflon glides I put under it before setup. It has a 3-tiered piercing for water exit on a central double-walled downflow, the interior stand is finished and beautiful. I know that my 52 bow Oceanic starphire weighs 80 lbs empty: this is 5/8ths inch glass, with a 5/8ths inch sealed top with 2 ports and a feeding tube. I'd say the weight of the tank alone is above 150 lbs. This thing came by freight, and the company deposited a pallet standing about 6' by 5' in front of our house in our urban street. We stood guard over it until we could bribe friends to show up and assist. It's not easy getting a tank that size, and shiipping cost a fair bit, too. But yes, they're still in business, and have a line that involves bows, cylinders, arches, cubes, and whatever you want to special order.

banthonyb71
02/07/2015, 12:51 PM
AquaVim still makes them. I have a 102 gallon bowfront, starphire glass, oak stand and canopy. It took two strong men and two women to get it up 6 steps and onto its stand, after which it glides on several teflon glides I put under it before setup. It has a 3-tiered piercing for water exit on a central double-walled downflow, the interior stand is finished and beautiful. I know that my 52 bow Oceanic starphire weighs 80 lbs empty: this is 5/8ths inch glass, with a 5/8ths inch sealed top with 2 ports and a feeding tube. I'd say the weight of the tank alone is above 150 lbs. This thing came by freight, and the company deposited a pallet standing about 6' by 5' in front of our house in our urban street. We stood guard over it until we could bribe friends to show up and assist. It's not easy getting a tank that size, and shiipping cost a fair bit, too. But yes, they're still in business, and have a line that involves bows, cylinders, arches, cubes, and whatever you want to special order.

Wow.. Thank You. another company I didnt know existed.

This bring me to a question. Why are these company's so difficult to find? I feel like aquarium sales is like underground music.

banthonyb71
02/07/2015, 12:58 PM
Aquavim makes a 55, 70, 83, 93, 110, 130, 170, 180, 215 and 230 gallon seamless bow and more. DSA makes a 50,80,100 and 180.

and 2 days ago. The only bow sizes I thought existed in glass above 46 was 72,and 155.

Thank you both again.

banthonyb71
02/07/2015, 01:03 PM
...Im diggin into Aquavim's website more now. Holy hell, they make endless sizes.

AquaVim still makes them. I have a 102 gallon bowfront, starphire glass,

Do you have any photos I could see of this aquarium or one of its brand. as occupied?

SaltyDoug
02/07/2015, 06:41 PM
Aqua vim has some crazy tank options. I'll have to book mark it for when I win the lottery.