PDA

View Full Version : Apex re-powering over & over

Trebor420
02/07/2015, 03:27 PM
My apex re-powers over and over about every 10 min. I have reloaded firmware unplugged, restarted, initialized everything, now I'm having trouble getting in through my computer. I've contacted Neptune and they told me to reload the firmware to my eb, that didn't work either. So has anyone else experienced this it's done this before & it just started working usually in a day or less, this time it's been a week & 1/2. I think it's fried, I hope not.

Thanks

jduck
02/07/2015, 03:53 PM
Only when I was using the app to access.

tdb320reef
03/28/2015, 08:36 AM
What I found having a larger system is that the hardware cannot keep up with the processing of the "bloated software" and will reboot itself. I have been telling them this for a year and they finally released FW to disable outlet logging. When I disabled all of the logging on my outlets the problem when away. However during same year they kept telling me to spend 200 on a new base unit.

They keep piling on thicker software and the weak hardware cannot keep up especially with larger advanced systems.

If they were smart they would make the Operating system as thin as possible and design it in a way to add modules/apps for things that you actually own instead of bundling everything into one platform that is not needed.

slief
03/28/2015, 08:54 AM
What I found having a larger system is that the hardware cannot keep up with the processing of the "bloated software" and will reboot itself. I have been telling them this for a year and they finally released FW to disable outlet logging. When I disabled all of the logging on my outlets the problem when away. However during same year they kept telling me to spend 200 on a new base unit.

They keep piling on thicker software and the weak hardware cannot keep up especially with larger advanced systems.

If they were smart they would make the Operating system as thin as possible and design it in a way to add modules/apps for things that you actually own instead of bundling everything into one platform that is not needed.

I'd be very curious how large your Apex system is.. I've had my Apex since the Apex was first released many yearss back and have what I consider to be a very large Apex system and I don't have the issues you are having and never did. My system has always been stable and reliable.

My system includes:
5 EB8's
4 EB4's
3 VDM Modules
1 PM2
1 PM1
3 Lunar Sims
1 Apex Dos
1 AFS Feeder
2 Custom made Break Out Boxes with several float switches as well as other momentary buttons to trigger difference programs. I control Kessil LED's, several 0-10v Tunze pumps, a 0-10v Red Dragon Pump, CaRx, ATO, Auto, feeders, pumps and so much more. I have dozens of virtual outlets and probably a thousand lines of code.

I did see the occasional reboot when I was logged into the Apex from multiple sources but that is it. Admittingly, I don't have log enabled for every outlet nor have I ever. I only log a few outlets. That said, I have never had a major issue with my Apex but I do keep a sprare pre-programmed base unit on hand just in case.

jduck
08/26/2015, 02:43 PM
I've remove logging for all outlets and now don't have an issue with it power cycling when using the app on my phone.