PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI help!

hresseguie
02/07/2015, 11:35 PM
Hi! Finally installed my own rodi unit, collection barrel, mixing station etc... yay! bought a Fountainhead Water Systems, 4 stage, 150gpd. Tied directly into my cold water line, showing 50psi in the 1/4" line just before the unit, manual flush valve is closed...
150 gpd should be roughly 6 gph, yes? I might be getting a couple gph??? Maybe less? Thoughts? Might I be doing something wrong?
TIA!

noj3333
02/07/2015, 11:46 PM
I just had the same issue... it's cold in NY, and I guess Ro/Di systems don't like cold water. If you still have tubing between the cold water supply and first filter coil that tubing up in a small bucket and put a regular heater in the bucket (with water, the same fish tank heater you would use in your aquarium)... the water will warm up and flow much better!!
oh, and don't try to run warm/ hot water through the system.

tkeracer619
02/08/2015, 12:03 AM
What is your product water to waste water ratio? Cold water isn't going to help reach stated flow numbers. I wouldn't do anything to compensate for that. Hot water will destroy a membrane quickly.

outssider
02/08/2015, 04:26 PM
Hi! Finally installed my own rodi unit, collection barrel, mixing station etc... yay! bought a Fountainhead Water Systems, 4 stage, 150gpd. Tied directly into my cold water line, showing 50psi in the 1/4" line just before the unit, manual flush valve is closed...
150 gpd should be roughly 6 gph, yes? I might be getting a couple gph??? Maybe less? Thoughts? Might I be doing something wrong?
TIA!

I think when they rate these, it's under ideal conditions !

much more pressure than 50psi and ideal temperature.