PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Mysis vs Reef Frenzy

sschnelk
02/08/2015, 05:57 PM
Hi all,

Back in the hobby after a long absence. I have a tank that's a couple months old stocked with a few snails and a fire shrimp, a zoa frag and a couple shrooms. I've got my first two fish in quarantine (yellow watchman goby and a purple firefish both very small). I was planning to feed a combination of some pellet food (New Life Spectrum) and frozen mysis. The guy at the LFS talked me into buying a food called "Reef Frenzy" instead of the mysis. The fish seem to like it OK but I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this food - usually I don't get talked into stuff but this time I did. Finally, my thinking is that just like people my reef critters probably would enjoy some variety. What other types of food would be good to mix in with this regimen?

Thanks,
Steve

DragRacinGramps
02/08/2015, 06:57 PM
I'm fairly new here but I've been in the hobby quite a while. I laughed to myself when I read your post. Not that it's funny but ironic to me. I feed my system a combination of reef frenzy and Hykari frozen mysis shrimp in two small feedings every day. I find it to be some of the best food I've found since I've been involved in the salt water side of this hobby. The reef frenzy is a very "clean" food and all of my fish including my scooter blenny eat it (yep he'll eat it right out of the turkey baster) which anybody here knows is a seriously nice thing when a scooter blenny will eat any food besides pods, which he also gets plenty of. I agree with your idea of providing a variety also, I also occasionally serve them NLS pellets, and freeze dried black worms.

sschnelk
02/08/2015, 09:20 PM
It's always good to get a 'real world' opinion and I value the opinion of the folks on here a great deal. Thanks for the info!