PDA

View Full Version : New puml for vertex in-180 gen3

Jason604
02/08/2015, 09:11 PM
Hey guys I bought a used skimmer. Vertex in-180 gen 3 n the skimmer neck bubbles is never constant n either lee overfilling or falling very low. I have tried the skimmer in 8",7" , and 6" of water right now and it is no good at any of those lvls. After some reading every1 says it's because the stock resun pump is crap. I want to buy the Jebao dc 4000 pump and use it for my skimmer

http://m.fish-street.com/jebaojecod_dct4000_water_return_pump?search_string=Jebao+dc

Does anyone know if this would work good and if the Venturi on my stock pump will work on this and what mods would I need to make it work?

Jason604
02/09/2015, 04:27 AM
Please some1 help!! Need to know as my skimmer is pretty much useless right now.

sirreal63
02/09/2015, 08:27 AM
The pump you are looking at is not a skimmer pump, no needle/pin wheel, just a regular impeller. It is also not much better than the Resun pump as far as quality. I have the same skimmer and adapted a Sicce PSK1000 to it, it works beautifully. I am assuming you have the skimmer in a part of the sump that has no water level fluctuation?