PDA

View Full Version : yellow finger gorgonian ?

jmareef1022
02/11/2015, 08:03 AM
Got 2 for free in a trade I made...so I understand they need alot of flow...my ? Is the placement of these..I know they're nps so does that mean it needs to be in a shaded or dark area or Can I place where I desire as long as there's flow...thanks

noy
02/11/2015, 07:30 PM
good flow, lots of food, doesn't need to be shaded per se but less light means less chance of algae growth.

jmareef1022
02/12/2015, 07:18 AM
Thanks noy..Wanna somewhat try to make them happy...when I first got them they were somewhat beginning to grow algae..as soon as I dropped them in the tank my fish went to work and started cleaning it...I now have them placed right next to a small power head with good flow..? Is when I go to feed do I shut off the pw so it doesn't blow away

jmareef1022
02/12/2015, 02:35 PM
So was looking at my tank like usual and looked over at the gorgonian and could see some polyp extension well like 3...I'm guessing it likes were it's at...I thought they only came out at nighttime though.. Is it hungry? We'll see I'll keep you guys updated

Fallling
02/26/2015, 02:35 PM
I have a red finger. Likes lot of flow. Mine opens and closes throughout the day and is not shaded. I turn all pumps off for 10 min when I feed. Before turning on the return, I'll turn circulation pumps back on for another 20 - 30 min or so. If you see polyps, I'd try feeding... that'll likely entice rest of the polyps out.