PDA

View Full Version : 225 gallon reef build

220tang
02/11/2015, 11:38 AM
Hello everyone,
Would love some advice as I get closer to finally restructuring my current 225 gallon tank. The tank has been up and running for about a year and only contains tangs. I have a decided to setup a reef in the aquarium but still want the main focus to be the tangs. And I have purchased a bunch of equipment to accommodate the reef which is going to be sps dominate.
Current livestock
1 black tang (4-5in)
2 purple tangs (4-5in)
1 sohal tang (6in)
I have done a lot of research on achilles tang and fully realize that they can be extremely difficult to keep. I would really like to introduce the achilles to the tank. My main issue I'm facing is my sohal he is not aggressive towards the purples or black but from prior research that does not seem to be the best combo. I do have the ability to increase the size of my tank down the road if space is going to be the issue. The tank will have high flow and the new aquascape will accommodate a lot of swimming room with breaks and shelter to lower the stress. Opinions and experiences would be great!
Thank you!!

brett559
02/11/2015, 12:19 PM
Tough to beat a blonde naso with streamers. I haven't had luck with nasos, but they are awesome fish. Chevron tangs are great too.

Dmorty217
02/11/2015, 02:00 PM
Your Sohal will develop a attitude toward tankmates and your hand everytime you put it in the tank. Large adults all end up doing this and people who I know that have housed them in 500g said they still caused problems and they believed the tank was too small even at 500g