PDA

View Full Version : LF Reef Safe LIQUID epoxy that's 100% inert when cured

Chris155hp
02/14/2015, 08:36 AM
I have a little DIY project I'm working (not quite ready to reveal but will do if it pans out) but need a LIQUID epoxy that's completely inert when cured. Basically the liquid equivalent to water weld. Also can't be too thick when mixed so it can flow relatively easy into a mold let's say ;)

jedimasterben
02/14/2015, 10:12 AM
You could use some hydraulic cement with a bonding agent (basically the same as Emaco from Marcorocks). You can make it a little more wet than normal and it will flow pretty well. Cures in about an hour and is reef safe.

emerald crab
02/14/2015, 12:08 PM
Does it have to be epoxy, or it can be polyurethane?

If it can be can be polyurethane "Smooth-Cast 300" from "Smooth-On" is reef safe. It is a two parts product, that you mix for few seconds, cast (flows like water), demold in 15-20 min. Give it another 24-48 hours to cure and is ready to go in your tank.

Chris155hp
02/14/2015, 12:12 PM
Does it have to be epoxy, or it can be polyurethane?

If it can be can be polyurethane "Smooth-Cast 300" from "Smooth-On" is reef safe. It is a two parts product, that you mix for few seconds, cast (flows like water), demold in 15-20 min. Give it another 24-48 hours to cure and is ready to go in your tank.

That might work I just said epoxy bc that's what I'm familiar with (jb weld types) but I'm open to anything . What color does it dry

emerald crab
02/14/2015, 12:45 PM
White. It starts as a gin clear liquid and it turns white as it hardens. There are other ones that can be clear, but I did not use those. this one I have some parts in my tank that have been there for more than 3 years.

emerald crab
02/14/2015, 12:47 PM
There are pigments that you can mix with component "B" to change the color.