PDA

View Full Version : Profilux II abilities

jonwright
02/14/2015, 08:38 AM
So I'm looking at a used Profilux II set up. Should have built in Ph, temp ports but isn't an EX. Has ports s1-4 and s5-8. Not sure if this is an older unit or what.

So what I'd like to know is: What limitations are there with this unit? I know the 3 is packed with many expansion options and web servers etc.

I'd like to be able to have a button on the unit itself start a "feed" routine - that possible without a Touch or do I have to initiate that via PC?

Can this unit connect via LAN etc.? Not sure if an expansion slot is available so having a way to control/interface with the unit is expected.

And if I go with the Lux once I get a 3 for my big tank I'm assuming I'll be able to connect and see both tanks? Single pane of glass with both would be preferred. How could that be done if the PII doesn't have a web server?

Possible?

AQD_ottawa
02/14/2015, 03:44 PM
Hi

this would be an extremely old device to be honest with no spares available if the controller went wrong although they are pretty bullet proof, you would not have any LAN capabilities.

For feed pause, this can be controlled from the front screen push buttons

Raul-7
02/14/2015, 04:49 PM
So I'm looking at a used Profilux II set up. Should have built in Ph, temp ports but isn't an EX. Has ports s1-4 and s5-8. Not sure if this is an older unit or what.

So what I'd like to know is: What limitations are there with this unit? I know the 3 is packed with many expansion options and web servers etc.

I'd like to be able to have a button on the unit itself start a "feed" routine - that possible without a Touch or do I have to initiate that via PC?

Can this unit connect via LAN etc.? Not sure if an expansion slot is available so having a way to control/interface with the unit is expected.

And if I go with the Lux once I get a 3 for my big tank I'm assuming I'll be able to connect and see both tanks? Single pane of glass with both would be preferred. How could that be done if the PII doesn't have a web server?

Possible?

The PII as far as I know used to have LAN/WLAN capabilities to connect via the GHL Control Center. But you can achieve that with RS232 to USB.

The GHL Control Center is MUCH better than the webserver and it's where everyone including P3 users make changes, etc. I rarely use the webserver unless I want to check parameters remotely.

The PII is not that gimped, it can still do ATO, AWC, lighting dimming, Tunze control, etc. It just lacks web capability.

jonwright
02/14/2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the response. So are additional parts for the pII not available any more? Either replacement of upgrade/ new expansion cards?

Hi Raul! Didn't want to wear u out with questions. :)

Raul-7
02/14/2015, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the response. So are additional parts for the pII not available any more? Either replacement of upgrade/ new expansion cards?

Hi Raul! Didn't want to wear u out with questions. :)

I think they use the same expansion cards, not sure however if some of the newer cards are not compatible.

AQD_ottawa
02/15/2015, 07:40 AM
everything other than PAB products will work on your controller, its all backwards compatible.

jonwright
02/15/2015, 11:31 AM
So you meant above with "no spares available" that I wouldnt be able to gat another p2 if the motherboard fried. But expansion cards and periferals are still available. As long as they aren't pab devices. That would include the new 5.1 powerbars that aren't compatible.

And if I do decide on p3.1 I can pull out the expansions (if needed in the new unit) and use them on the p3.

AQD_ottawa
02/15/2015, 11:34 AM
Ys the reference is to the actual circuit boards in the P2 not the accessories you may wish to add

Yes everything fits all models (other than PAB which is for P3 and up)

jonwright
02/15/2015, 01:13 PM
Dude. That's cooool.