PDA

View Full Version : Setting up my friends Apex from my house?

bridun22ajl
02/15/2015, 03:28 PM
Is it possible for me to set up a friends controller from my house?
He just bought an Apex and doesnt know what what to do. If i have him make an account and plug the apex into his router, would I be able to set it up/configure it from his house?

Also, I cant find any info on setting up a brand new Apex with Fusion. All I can find is if you already had apex and you get a Token from the old Apex website. Can anyone provide me with instructions on setting it up with fusion from the start?

Thanks in advance

Raul-7
02/15/2015, 05:35 PM
Is it possible for me to set up a friends controller from my house?
He just bought an Apex and doesnt know what what to do. If i have him make an account and plug the apex into his router, would I be able to set it up/configure it from his house?

Also, I cant find any info on setting up a brand new Apex with Fusion. All I can find is if you already had apex and you get a Token from the old Apex website. Can anyone provide me with instructions on setting it up with fusion from the start?

Thanks in advance

He needs to setup port forwarding before it can be accessed remotely. The best solution would be for both of you to install TeamViewer; so you can access his desktop and set it up for him.

bridun22ajl
02/15/2015, 09:05 PM
I thought with fusion you dont need to do port forwarding?

bridun22ajl
02/16/2015, 07:59 AM
do i need to do port forwarding with fusion? i am going to go to his house today to set it up for him. Im not sure how to do port forwarding on his router.

aquamanic
02/16/2015, 09:12 AM
Fusion does not require port forwarding, however there are a number of configuration type things you cannot do with Fusion and need either the Display module or the web pages.

Normal programming and outlet operation/monitoring can be done with Fusion.