PDA

View Full Version : New RO/DI

steve.frink
02/18/2015, 06:52 AM
Looking to buy a new RO/DI unit for no more than 100$. Any suggestions?

Phildirt
02/18/2015, 07:38 AM
I got mine on eBay. Came with extra prefilters and extra DI material to do 4 change outs. Think my cost was over 100 but sure you can find one within your price range.

thegrun
02/18/2015, 10:19 AM
In the long run you would be better off saving up and get some of the features provided on the higher end units, in particular you want:
A flush valve to flush the RO filter, a pressure gauge to know when to change out the pre filters, I think it's well worth the money to have two DI resin canisters so you get full use of your DI resin. You will get a lot more use out of your DI resin if you run two canisters of resin in series. When you use a single canister of resin and you start to see your TDS readings rise you need to replace the resin even though it still capable of absorbing more pollutants. If you use two canisters when you first start to see your TDS rise, remove the first canister in line and then shift the number two canister into the number one position. Then replace the resin in the old number one canister and place it in the number two position. That way you get full use of the resin.

thegrun
02/18/2015, 10:20 AM
Look for a used system if you want to save money, but the used units often need new filters which may negate any savings.