PDA

View Full Version : Is my clown SICK? (picture)

WhiteTang
02/18/2015, 07:33 AM
Hi!

My clown has been acting weird lately.
He won't accept the pellets I used to feed him. But he does go crazy for frozen lobster eggs. He has elaborated breathing and in general acts weird, not as usual.
I have noticed something weird on his skin. It doesnt look like ich. Maybe he has some other parasite?
Could any of you identify?

Newsmyrna80
02/18/2015, 08:06 AM
How long have you had him? Have you added anything new to the tank?

WhiteTang
02/18/2015, 08:58 AM
He is in the tank about 5 months. I got him much smaller and he grew quite a bit since I got him. I added a euphyllia glaberens about 3 weeks ago. I bought it from the LFS from which I had also bought the clown..

snorvich
02/18/2015, 10:15 AM
He is in the tank about 5 months. I got him much smaller and he grew quite a bit since I got him. I added a euphyllia glaberens about 3 weeks ago. I bought it from the LFS from which I had also bought the clown..

Was the euphyllia in a system with fish? If the clownfish started to associate with the coral (which is incorrectly called hosting), it may be coral burns.

Fragman4
02/18/2015, 02:08 PM
It almost looks like he is shedding...I would normally say brook but if he has been with you for 5 months it would of taken him out a while ago. I agree with snorvich, it might be burns.

WhiteTang
02/18/2015, 04:30 PM
My very first fish (a clown) was taken out by brook. I left the tank fallow for 12 weeks before adding anything else. So its def not brook cause my clown would be dead by now.
The coral (which I bought from a respectable LFS) was in a coral tank with no fish, although I suppose the LFS has one central water filtration system.
As for suggestions about the clown hosting the coral (or vise versa). I wish this is the case but I doubt it cause the clown has made a corner of the tank his home and I have not seen him go near the coral. My two sexy shrimp on the other hand love both euphyllias and keep switching them every other day.