PDA

View Full Version : help what is this?????

Cowboy57
02/19/2015, 04:36 PM
just seen this for the first time is it good? bad? should i try and get it out?

snorvich
02/19/2015, 05:50 PM
just seen this for the first time is it good? bad? should i try and get it out?

Not really the right place to get best answers. I will ask the mods to move it.

[welcome]

Misled
02/19/2015, 09:06 PM
thread moved to the current forum

Mcgeezer
02/19/2015, 09:11 PM
That is a bristle worm...make sure you don't touch it with your bare hands or you will hate yourself because the bristles are like a cactus and will sting you.

They are detritivores and most of them are good for the tank.

Jaystah
02/19/2015, 09:43 PM
Bristtle worm

Chungy
02/19/2015, 10:44 PM
Good member for your CUC.

FraggledRock
02/19/2015, 10:51 PM
If it had 5 legs brittle star. One worm bristleworm.

tkeracer619
02/21/2015, 11:03 PM
...make sure you don't touch it with your bare hands or you will hate yourself because the bristles are like a cactus and will sting you.

No, I think you should definitely touch it and get it out of the way. Duct tape comes in handy to get the bristles out. Then a quick soak in vinegar will dissolve the remainder. Good times :)

When you pick up a rock and it hurts like hell. This is what likely did it to you.

This is what it will look like...
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/hixphotobucket/critters/bristlesgreg.jpg

They are beneficial to the tank.

Phildirt
02/21/2015, 11:25 PM
No, I think you should definitely touch it and get it out of the way. Duct tape comes in handy to get the bristles out. Then a quick soak in vinegar will dissolve the remainder. Good times :)

When you pick up a rock and it hurts like hell. This is what likely did it to you.

This is what it will look like...
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/hixphotobucket/critters/bristlesgreg.jpg

They are beneficial to the tank.

I've heard of hairy palms.....but fingers....:eek2:

ThRoewer
02/22/2015, 01:31 AM
The problem is that these bristles are like glass. The part that sticks out of your skin easily breaks off, leaving the tip with the poison in your skin to enjoy for a couple of days. I really learned to hate these suckers and was very happy when my marine betas largely cleaned the tank of them.