PDA

View Full Version : wild caught banggai cardinals

dmh41532
02/21/2015, 10:25 AM
I purchased a banggai cardinal several days ago, under the impression it was captive bred. Unfortunatley, it was wild caught. The fish hasn't eating, and refuses to eat anything I offer it. Based on how it looks and is acting, I don't think it'll make it through the day. In general, are wild caught cardinal much more sensitive than captive bred?

SoloChromis
02/21/2015, 10:30 AM
Supposedly, yes :( Sorry to hear about your fish

nivram
02/21/2015, 10:58 AM
What are you offering it food wise? Have you tried mysis or brine?

3dees
02/21/2015, 11:20 AM
I have had my cardinal ( tank raised ) for a year and a half and it still won't touch flake or pellets. frozen shrimp and freeze dried blackworms are it's favorite. I didn't think many stores were still selling wild caught cardinals as they are so easy to breed. are you assuming it's wild because it won't eat?

Fragman4
02/21/2015, 02:19 PM
Wild caught bangaiis are tough to get eating for sure. Try reef frenzy or bloodworms. My tank bred cards are the same as the poster above, they won't touch flake or pellets. They eat mysis all day.

dmh41532
02/21/2015, 02:31 PM
I offered it brine, mysis, and reef frenzy. Declined all three. Unfortunately it died an hour ago. I had captive bred that ate anything however it died during our move. We are going to replace it with a captive bred fish.