PDA

View Full Version : Stocking list for 125 long tank

Mbones
02/21/2015, 12:02 PM
Well, I am working on building a 125 galloon long reef, and I decided that I should map out what my livestock would theoretically be for tank. I have been in the hobby for some time but have been without a tank for three years as we had our first child and I was concerned about her safety while being a toddler. Now she is old enough to understand rules, so I am in the planning phases. Below is a list of livestock (really just focused on fish) that I would like to place in a 125. While I have selected 29 fish in total, I feel this list may be reasonable as the size of the selected fish all are relatively small. I only have one fish, the Yellow Eye Kole Tang, that is average size above 4 inches. I selected the Kole as kind of a center piece species that would have lots of movement. However, he is the one fish I am not sold on as I am not a huge fan of larger fish species. I wanted to gather thoughts from the community to see if I was way off base or if this was indeed feasible. I would consider this list all encompassing, as in no addition fish would even be considered as this would be what I feel is s heavy bio-load, so this would be my maximum for this tank.

Name Quantity
1 Waitei Anthias 5
2 Yellowstriped Cardinalfish 5
3 Blue/Green Reef Chromis 5
4 Ocellaris Clownfish, Captive-Bred 2
5 Firefish, Purple 2
6 Green Mandarin 1
7 Pink Spotted Watchman Goby 1
8 Black Clown Goby 1
9 Yellow Clown Goby 1
10 Neon Blue Goby, Captive-Bred 2
11 Kole Yellow Eye Tang 1
12 Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse 1
13 Pink-Streaked Wrasse 1
14 Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse 1

Thanks for any thoughts and feedback you could provide!:fish1:

Fragman4
02/21/2015, 02:26 PM
29 fish, even though small, is still a hefty bio load. As they grow out you might crash your tank if your not careful. I would limit it to "maybe" 20 smaller fish.