PDA

View Full Version : dying clown I've had for two years

Amadeus88
02/21/2015, 09:19 PM
I've had this clown for two years now he was the first fish I bought. He has been through a tank change and a lot of aquarium inexperienced and has survived. About eight months ago I bought another clown in hopes they would pair. Right from the start they did well together and about a month ago they were beginning to nest.

I was truly exited about the possibility of breeding until last week I came home from work to find the larger clown had a bulging eye and a deep tear on the top of her head. the smaller clownfish had a deep tear on the top of his head all the way to the back fin.

Since then, the smaller one has healed and is looking ok except his fins are still looking beat up. The larger clown that I thought was invisible is lying on the ground breathing very heavily with fading color.

Water Perams are good

No white spots anywhere

All other fish and corals are fine except my watchman gobie won't come out of his cave

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or knowledge on if I should worry about the rest of my tank

ThRoewer
02/21/2015, 11:55 PM
Do you have any idea what caused their injuries?
What other fish and inverts are in the tank?
What and when was the last addition to the tank?
What are your water parameters and how do you measure?

If the little clown was the last addition 8 months would pretty much exclude the usual suspects velvet and brook.

The bulging eye can be a result of injury, internal infections (virus, fungus, worms), vitamin deficiency or water quality.

A better picture would be helpful.