PDA

View Full Version : Biopellet/carbon question

cag2
02/22/2015, 04:41 PM
Just plumbed and began carbon reactor and biopellet reactor. Input from the skimmer section of Trigger 36 emerald sump, then carbon, then pellets, return to refugium section. Seems to be running well. Noticed within 2 days the tank has become hazy. Checked levels and they are all good? Seems like a bloom. Any ideas? Thanks

Jade5051
02/22/2015, 04:48 PM
Don't think this is your problem but did you rinse everything before installing it? Rinse the reactors, carbon and pellets? Also, did you add too many pellets? Maybe there is something in your plumbing. How did you plumb the new reactors? All else fails just do a water change and wait it out.

cag2
02/22/2015, 06:40 PM
Don't think this is your problem but did you rinse everything before installing it? Rinse the reactors, carbon and pellets? Also, did you add too many pellets? Maybe there is something in your plumbing. How did you plumb the new reactors? All else fails just do a water change and wait it out.

I did rinse everything out. Dont think I added too many pellets but that is something I will need to check. Plumbing all new and rinsed. Doing the water change today. Thanks