PDA

View Full Version : AquaIllumination AI Nano LED's are just blinking CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?

DirtinLa
02/24/2015, 05:33 PM
bought this nano knowing it was defective...

person said after he changed the fan and plugged it back in the LED's just blinked every second or so...

I have talked to AI and they don't have a recommendation other than what I have tried already... which is:

change power supply

clean the connection between the touch board and the mother board

I tried running with a disconnected fan

tried running without the touch board

tried with a controller without a controller , switched controllers

updated firmware on the controllers

I actually got it to work one time so I know the LED's are all good but

for the life of me I cannot duplicate what I did to get it to fire up? I do know

I was able to play with the intensities with the controller in my hand.

I have searched the web

I see other's have had this problem but NOONE has posted a solution???

thanx everyone in advance... CAN YOU HELP ME?

-=Fred=-

DirtinLa
02/25/2015, 06:51 AM
bump

salth2oguy
02/25/2015, 09:01 AM
My AI Sols did a similar thing where they started to cycle through the three colors of LEDs, making each one flash. They also would slowly dim up and down at times before two of the three stopped working all together. I tried several things just like you have and AI's customer service recommended putting new control boards in. These took care of the issue. I'm surprised theyre customer service wasn't able to help you, they were extremely helpful to me and I've heard this from others as well.

DirtinLa
02/25/2015, 09:09 AM
They said they no longer have parts for the AI nano's BUT I was welcome to send it in and they could see if it could be repaired but they said the expense would probably out weigh the cost of new.

DirtinLa
02/26/2015, 04:07 AM
bump

reef bloke
02/26/2015, 06:08 AM
It sounds like the DC side of the board, any loose capacitors?

DirtinLa
02/26/2015, 07:16 AM
everything looks tight and nothing looks burnt