PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

drago354
02/26/2015, 11:39 AM
I'm going to break down my current tank and slowly move stuff over to my new tank. With that being said...

My new tank has been running for about 8 weeks and finished its cycle about 3 weeks ago. Ammonia and nitrites are 0. Nitrates are < 10ppm. Coraline algae has come back on live rocks... 2 weeks ago I added a couple peppermint shrimp and 2 very small blue legged hermits, all of which are doing ok. Peppermints are a nice red, hermits are seen time to time doing what they do... LOL.

Older tank Live stock:
small frag of red pipe organ
a decent sized leather (he's about 6 inches tall and about 5 inces in diameter when fully opened)
small duncan frag (3 heads)
small frogspawn (about 2 inches tall tentacles are about 3 inches long when opened)
2 clowns
1 blue green chromis
2 large turbo snails.

My question is this... as I said before I'm going to be moving my livestock from my older tank to this and break it down... how and when should I transfer my livestock (listed above). Here's the kicker... I don't think my clowns will made it through the day...:mad2: ... As I rushed out of the house this morning for work I noticed that me two clowns looked like they were "molting" so sitting here at work going nuts about my babies I've learned they probably have Brooklynella hostilis. So this has me concerned about everything else. I don't want to do this wrong and transfer disease to my new tank. Chromis seemed ok, but will check when I get home. I had a tank I was building for a refugium / sump but I'm thinking it would be wiser and better at this point to make it a QT tank. Thoughts / Suggestions??

TIA

BIGD0G
02/26/2015, 04:01 PM
Wish I could help but I have fortunately not encountered any diseases yet so have no experience to offer. Hope all turns out well.

lhm nole
02/28/2015, 11:35 PM
Brook very common in clownfish usually other fish will not get it qt clowns with formalin and heavy aeration

drago354
03/16/2015, 07:09 PM
Well, everything pretty much died...