PDA

View Full Version : Apex Controller and children

bizacon
02/27/2015, 08:36 AM
After a wonderful tank crash while I was on mid-winter break, I have decided to get a controller and start two part dosing. I had kalk in my ato.

I would like to mount the controller on the front of the tank stand, but I have a two year old that loves to push buttons. My vortex driver is mounted within the door, but would like to have the controller displayed. Can the Apex be locked? or would be able she be able to cause issues if she does decide to push buttons?

Thanks

frog.pauley
02/27/2015, 08:46 AM
I have mine mounted on the right side of the canopy. I can see it if need be and the children cant reach it. As for locking, I think you can but I have never tried. The online manual (I think there is a link in the Neptune thread) would be really helpful im sure.
The cord for the display is pretty long, so you could got to the wall or something as well.

dkeller_nc
02/27/2015, 08:49 AM
Yes, the Apex display can definitely be locked with a password, though feed timers are still accessible even if the display is locked.

kendrid
02/27/2015, 08:49 AM
Display menu: Control/Status - Display Lock, and turn it on/off.

kendrid
02/27/2015, 08:51 AM
Yes, the Apex display can definitely be locked with a password, though feed timers are still accessible even if the display is locked.

That should be an option. Little kids will bang on the buttons and the tank will often be in feed mode. Heck, I can see kids putting it in feed mode to see the water drain then cancelling it to watch it fill back up. :lolspin:

OP - I'd put it up high and still lock it.

toothybugs
02/27/2015, 09:23 AM
You need something like this

http://www.riemersystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/wmc-em.png

with a couple holes punched in the bottom for cords. Wall-mounted, under lock and key.

This is my plan, anyway.

bizacon
02/27/2015, 09:56 AM
You need something like this

http://www.riemersystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/wmc-em.png

with a couple holes punched in the bottom for cords. Wall-mounted, under lock and key.

This is my plan, anyway.

For the controller for the tank or the missle silo down the street????!!!

Thanks guys for the feedback... If the cord is long, maybe I will mount the controller on the wall. Like eventually to do awc from the closet.