PDA

View Full Version : Apex burnout???

ardsman
03/01/2015, 09:41 AM
Anyone else suffer from this syndrome? I bought this controller in the hope that it would make my reef keeping experience more enjoyable, I have invested quite a bit of money in this thing adding the various modules. right now I have an $800 paperweight! I followed all the instructions to the letter and then the first time I try to log in it tells me it is an invalid log in that my user name or password is incorrect. I have it hardwired to my router because (silly me) thought it was wireless. Nope it is wireless capable if you want to spend more money of course. No support available on the week end, and with my work schedule that is really the only time I have to do it. :deadhorse1:

AZRippster
03/01/2015, 11:08 AM
Your initial login should just be "admin" with no password. After that you can configure your network settings under the Configuration tab.

slief
03/01/2015, 11:16 AM
Your initial login should just be "admin" with no password. After that you can configure your network settings under the Configuration tab.

That must have changed because the initial log in has always been "admin" and "1234" for the password.

OP, you may need to disable your firewall on your computer. Also, try clearing your browser cache. If your display is working, then I'd bet your issue is network settings related or PC related. Once you get it setup properly, you will be glad you have it.

kurt_n
03/01/2015, 11:19 AM
A couple thoughts...

There's a lot of us *here* on the weekends, as well as Neptune's own forum on their website. Lots of possible help right here, but you have to give us a little more to go on! If you're actually getting an Apex logon prompt running through your home network, then you've got the hard part done! That part normally gets people. Unless it's changed over the years, the initial username is "admin" and the password is "1234".

As far as Neptune support on the weekend, have you tried emailing them or submitting a support ticket? Again, unless something has changed, I've gotten support via those methods at times when I wouldn't expect it - late night, weekends, etc.

As far as the wireless feature, I don't think you'll find anywhere that's the Apex is advertised as wireless. I can understand your frustration, but I don't think there's any bait-and-switch going on.

Let us know specific issues and questions, and there are plenty here that are glad to help.

slief
03/01/2015, 11:19 AM
Did you buy this Apex new? If not, is it possible that the original owner is using a different username/password?

Take a look at this thread. Also, take a look at the quickstart guide in there. If you still can't figure it out, post in that forum. You will get help quickly.
https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?39-Read-this-first-Basic-Networking-Setup

ardsman
03/01/2015, 12:43 PM
bight shiny and new! thanks for the relies guys I will try the log in name and password and see how it goes, thanks again.

ardsman
03/04/2015, 11:32 AM
Got it working, now I just need to learn all of it's capabilities. thanks!

unze
03/04/2015, 12:51 PM
As far a setting up the Apex i have found it to be very easy and stable.
Used many other controllers in my time, but found the APex is the best to set up.