PDA

View Full Version : Wrasse recommendation

ThorEffex
03/02/2015, 11:28 AM
Im trying to get a wrasse or two to put in my 50 gallon reef. I was thinking of a flasher, any recommendations I would look out for? I do have a sand bed.

eatbreakfast
03/02/2015, 12:03 PM
Im trying to get a wrasse or two to put in my 50 gallon reef. I was thinking of a flasher, any recommendations I would look out for? I do have a sand bed.

Most of the commonly available flashers will work, the only one I probably wouldnt consider is the eightline. Smaller species of fairy wrasses would work too. All wrasses need a tight fitting lid, but flashers and fairy wrasses do not need a sandbed.

Stevenliu9
03/02/2015, 10:18 PM
Just make sure your tank is covered, it's not the matter of if they jump, it's "when" they jump.
Also, I recently got a possum wrasse- absolutely the most adorable gentle little thing with tons of personality. It might not be much to look at but it's got lots of personality. And- just about every girl that I know of loves this fish (not to say guys don't, but not all girls enjoy the aquarium hobby like most guys do)

evolved
03/09/2015, 01:26 PM
it's not the matter of if they jump, it's "when" they jump.
I think I've read that someplace, or something. :D

Dmorty217
03/09/2015, 06:00 PM
I think I've read that someplace, or something. :D

Amen to that!

03/10/2015, 03:19 PM
Have you considered a mystery wrasse? Hard to find, and a little pricey, but a really cool fish. They almost look like little prehistoric creatures. I've always wanted one.

CoralNerd
03/10/2015, 11:57 PM
Just make sure your tank is covered, it's not the matter of if they jump, it's "when" they jump.
Also, I recently got a possum wrasse- absolutely the most adorable gentle little thing with tons of personality. It might not be much to look at but it's got lots of personality. And- just about every girl that I know of loves this fish (not to say guys don't, but not all girls enjoy the aquarium hobby like most guys do)
That's cool chick's dig possum wrasse lol. What other fish do you have with him, or is he in your sea horse tank?

@ThorEffex Person who started this thread go with a Flasher Wrasse, that would be my preference.

arashsheikhpoor
03/11/2015, 07:15 AM
I've been considering the mystery for a long while now.. I'm only nervous of how my 3 leopards and corris will welcome him. The last leipad I introduced got harassed to death by my ornate leopard.

eatbreakfast
03/11/2015, 08:05 AM
Actually mystery wrasses are usually the aggressor when dealing with other wrasses. As they get more mature their aggression gets worse.