PDA

View Full Version : Coraline protein skimmer (micro bubbles)

EricJones9447
03/02/2015, 09:16 PM
I need help
Today I changed my canister filter from a fluval 406 to the fluval fx6 for my 75g tank. While I was setting my the canister I accidentally turned off the power bar to everything. I turned it back on right away(literally a second). Everything seemed to be good to go again but after about a minute I noticed that my protein skimmer now produces lots of micro bubbles from the output hose running back into my tank. I have a spounge and filter cloth bag on it to help reduce the mico bubbles. Also my skimmer seems to be running fairly strong producing lots of bubbles in the chamber. Any help on what may have happened and a possible fix would be appreciated.

BigCountry74
03/02/2015, 10:22 PM
give it some time. new skimmers need to be broken in etc

EricJones9447
03/03/2015, 08:58 AM
This isn't a new skimmer

Kyle461
03/03/2015, 09:07 AM
If you are referring to a Coralife skimmer (not sure if you meant that instead of Coraline) then it will take a few hours or days. I have been turning mine off and on for mods and it just depends on how it wants to act in that moment. Sometimes I get the microbubbles and they go away after a while.

EricJones9447
03/03/2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks I ended up breaking a air nipple off so I just bought the tunze combine DOC skimmer 9004 seems pretty good

Kyle461
03/03/2015, 12:54 PM
I did the same to the venturi adapter on the pump. Had to order a replacement part and will upgrade when funds become available.

GilliganReef
03/03/2015, 01:26 PM
I did the same to the venturi adapter on the pump. Had to order a replacement part and will upgrade when funds become available.

Did the same thing, but I have the "Older" model so I had to super glue it back together. It works fine for now until this summer I am planning up upgrading my system and skimmer.

Kyle461
03/03/2015, 01:35 PM
Did the same thing, but I have the "Older" model so I had to super glue it back together. It works fine for now until this summer I am planning up upgrading my system and skimmer.

Yay for mods! :dance:

For now I just cut a small hole out of the front of the venturi part (meant to keep large items out) and shoved the air tubing up that. Seems to be happy with that at the moment.