PDA

View Full Version : Picking up my TBS Live Rock Saturday

jorjenzak
03/03/2015, 05:42 PM
Looking forward to seeing what Richard has for me! Very excited after looking at what goodies other's have gotten with his rock.:dance::bounce3::beer::beer:

chris.scang
03/04/2015, 02:51 PM
you will not be disappointed!

jorjenzak
03/06/2015, 07:45 PM
Picked up my rock and Richard took a moment to visit with me....great guy! Great rock!:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::dance::dance::dance: Have some snails, a crab or two, had one 2" or smaller green mantis shrimp which I quickly evicted. Several barnacles feeding as well as a few feather worms. Very cool.

jorjenzak
03/06/2015, 07:47 PM
more pics Anyone want to ID some of these goodies?

jorjenzak
03/06/2015, 08:08 PM
pic

jorjenzak
03/07/2015, 07:10 AM
hmm.....posted twice yesterday with pics.......MODERATOR is asleep or didn't approve. :(

Mishri
03/09/2015, 09:38 AM
I see barnacles and sponges mostly. Once you've had it a little while you'll start seeing a lot of worms and things coming out.

jorjenzak
03/09/2015, 06:49 PM
Have lots of worms but have not seen any bristles yet. Most of the worms are rock dwellers like feather dusters and spagetti worms. Lots of smaller tentacley things.....don't look like corals just some kind of mostly nocturnal filter feeders. I added some mysis shrimp....just a tiny bit.....and the filter feeder went crazy opening up and looking to catch some food. My nitrite was going up so I added Dr. Tim's One and Only then put in a Rock Skipper Blenny and two Pajama Cardinals to add some waste for the bacteria......going dark and no skimmer for 24 hours per the instructions. Then hope to remove some quality skimmate and see the nitrite levels drop back off. I have a load of copepods and aquapods coming Friday with 20 Cerith snails, 30 Nassarius snails, 2 Margarita snails, 6 scarlet legged hermits, 2 Emerald crab, 4 Porcelain crabs, 2 serpent stars. Picking up directly from Reef2Go warehouse in Clearwater. Smokin' deals and no shipping. Spreading the love around the local vendors and will see who I like best....but Richard is light years ahead of the rest. I wanna go out and be his boat tender while he dives and brings up rock! That would be the BALLS!