PDA

View Full Version : What test kit for Cupramine?

Vapour1ze
03/05/2015, 08:14 AM
I see so many mixed reviews, I have an API Copper, and it doesn't really show much coloration, I've heard it doesn't work with Cupramine, some people say it does though. I dose the usual recommended dosage. But I need a test kit that works. The reviews on the Copper Test Kit Multitest by Seachem are horrible...

Salifert I can't find many reviews.

So basically, Salifert or Seachem for COPPER CUPRAMINE testing.

Thanks!

kendrid
03/05/2015, 09:05 AM
A lot of the Seachem negative reviews are because of how little of the powder you get. What those people don't understand is that you only need a light dusting of the powder on the stick to get a reading. To test how much powder you need run a sample test with the included sample liquid and a few grains of the powder.

I use math and the Seachem test kit to ensure I am in the range I want to be in. It isn't hard to calculate where you should be at based on water volume.

pyithar
03/05/2015, 09:11 AM
I see so many mixed reviews, I have an API Copper, and it doesn't really show much coloration, I've heard it doesn't work with Cupramine, some people say it does though. I dose the usual recommended dosage. But I need a test kit that works. The reviews on the Copper Test Kit Multitest by Seachem are horrible...

Salifert I can't find many reviews.

So basically, Salifert or Seachem for COPPER CUPRAMINE testing.

Thanks!

API works with cupramine. you just need to check the color from above the test tube (like looking down into the tube) not from the side.

i read many people use salifert though.

Dmorty217
03/05/2015, 09:45 AM
Seachems test kit is what I would use