PDA

View Full Version : Blue tang hiding after QT

Sgt Jonny Cat
03/05/2015, 09:17 PM
So I posted this in my other thread but figured I would ask in a new one. My blue tang is apparently hiding behind my overflow box tonight. (I'm at work, wife called me.) Is this normal since he was in QT and now back in the DT? I hope he's just trying to get used to the DT again. Any thoughts on this? If you see in my video earlier today, he seemed to be swimming and doing fine, and eating...

Thanks again everyone....

sherief.elsayed
03/05/2015, 09:30 PM
Hey bud, assuming it's late, the hippo tang is probably looking for place it deems to be safe. It just wants to more then likely Rest. Mine use to put its self in all kinds of odd situations. Give it a few days and see how it fairs. According to the video, he seems to look awesome.

Sgt Jonny Cat
03/05/2015, 09:36 PM
Thank you....That's what I figured, so you'll help me sleep tonight. Yes the blues are on now and it is late. (east coast) I'll upload another video soon showing progress....

sherief.elsayed
03/05/2015, 09:57 PM
Lol believe me, it took some getting use to with my hippo. 90% of the time there's nothing wrong until you get ick. It was my favorite fish but unfortunately meet the bad end of a carpet Nem that i bought real early into the hobby [emoji51]. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

DaveRaz
03/06/2015, 07:29 AM
They play dead and hide I've noticed. You know that hippo will get about a foot long. Be hard to hide then!

CuzzA
03/06/2015, 08:09 AM
They play dead and hide I've noticed. You know that hippo will get about a foot long. Be hard to hide then!

Very true. Mine has grown from the size of half dollar to 6" in one year in my 90. Fortunately he'll be in a proper home (8' 300 gallons) in a month as he's starting to become agitated by the lack of room.