PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium order troubles

Regalfish
03/07/2015, 05:08 AM
Hello all!

I ordered my aquarium back in October 2014 and have still not received it. The company (based in Lancashire) I ordered the tank from said it would be ready and delivered within 10-12 weeks but it's now 21 weeks from order date and they emailed me last night at 22:05 to say they can't deliver tomorrow.

I find this highly frustrating as I had 3 guys giving part of their Saturday up to help move the tank into place.

Has anyone had similar problems? and what did you about it?

The shop I ordered from are over 200 miles away and I am worried they are just stringing me along - I have paid in full using mine and partner's credit cards.

Ed

IanWR
03/07/2015, 07:07 AM
You're more patient than I would be. I don't think I would have been ok with the initial estimated wait, let alone such a delay. And then to flake out on delivery? I would cancel, demand a full refund, and if they delay/refuse I'd call my c/c company and get the charges reversed. There have to be other tank makers to go to.

gone fishin
03/07/2015, 07:39 AM
That is definitely frustrating. I wonder if they are super busy or just dragging their feet. I think I would give them a deadline and then cancel the order if they failed to meet it. I wish you good luck in getting this resolved.

Regalfish
03/07/2015, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the response

Have said to the shop if they don't send me pics of the tank by 3pm on Monday then I'll be calling my credit card company to reclaim my money back.

I can't believe the customer services this shop has given, its so poor I really don't understand how they think it's OK to keep me waiting so long and they never in the 21 weeks have given me an update or call/email to apologise and tell me why it's taken so long. If I had not called on a weekly basis I think they would have forgotten about my order.

I now have a stand (diy job) with no tank, sad times! 😔

Frozenguy
03/07/2015, 09:38 AM
If they have pictures of the tank, that means they have the tank. And why wouldn't they deliver? Are they finding a problem with it and not disclosing?

Or are they just working on other projects first?

Sucks you have to deal with this.

windsor-aquatic
03/07/2015, 09:47 AM
That's ridiculous! Give them 7 days to deliver it or demand a full refund. It's amazing also how a hint of negative feed-back on one of the fish-keeping forums can suddenly accelerate things along a bit.

Regalfish
03/10/2015, 02:50 AM
They are now going to deliver the tank this coming Saturday. I wrote them an email yesterday saying they have 1 week to deliver, otherwise I would want a full refund.
Am still annoyed they won't send me pictures of the tank as they have kept me waiting so long I feel it's the least they could do.

pyithar
03/10/2015, 03:44 AM
if they're saying the truth about delivering the tank on saturday, that's good news. but not sending the pics is making me a bit suspicious. good luck.

fishgate
03/10/2015, 05:50 AM
I'll bet is smells of fresh silicone when you get it! I hope the rush job doesn't mean they cut corners and it leaks. Good luck! Post pics when you get them. What size?

Regalfish
03/12/2015, 01:27 PM
Cheers guys, will definitely be posting pictures :-)

It's 78"L x 26"W x 27"H

I've built the stand already, just need to clad it, but I'll be doing that once I have the tank.

Mythicalelf
03/12/2015, 02:32 PM
I'll be watching this cause I'm sure by the end of this year I'm going to have a larger tank.

pyithar
03/16/2015, 08:19 AM
Cheers guys, will definitely be posting pictures :-)

It's 78"L x 26"W x 27"H

I've built the stand already, just need to clad it, but I'll be doing that once I have the tank.

so they finally delivered the tank on saturday? nice!

Regalfish
03/16/2015, 08:39 AM
I wish! They're are full of bull s#@t! Pardon my French but i shall explain.

On Friday 6th, they I called for a delivery time for the 7th, the woman said she would call me back after I said can she call the delivery team and find out. I asked for their number as she said she is just the middle person, but she said she can't give out their personal number, yet in email they say they will call an hour before dropping it off.
So she never called me back, got to 18:45 and the shop had closed for the day so I sent an email saying to deliver the tank tomorrow as it's now 21 weeks or give me a full refund.
They emailed me at 22:05 Friday to say their van had broken down, no delivery tomorrow! Someone will contact me Monday morning with a new date.

On the Monday, no one had contacted me. It's now 11:30 and I send an email, got a reply saying it will be this Saturday 14th. I agreed to this.
On Saturday morning they emailed me saying they have refunded my monies as i said to on the email on the 6th March. If I want the tank I can have it but only cash in hand as they have refunded the money.
Why did they not say we'll charge your card again? They are dodgy as hell and I have all the emails to prove.

Waiting for my money to be refunded now!

gone fishin
03/16/2015, 08:45 AM
Sorry to hear all the crap you have had to deal with. Try to look on the bright side, If you had actually got the tank I would be nervous of the workmanship just due to their shady practices. I hope you get your money refunded without a hassle and find another tank.

Regalfish
03/16/2015, 08:46 AM
Cheers, I'm going to go with a company based in Hertfordshire as I hear they make excellent tanks and service.

pyithar
03/16/2015, 09:21 AM
i hope you get your money refunded fast too. and i wish you good luck next time. cheers!