PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI Unit & Water on hand!

FraggledRock
03/07/2015, 08:12 PM
is of the ultimate luxury to have as a reefer!

just KNOWING THAT I have some extra FRESH ro/di water (I KEEP 30 GALLONS READY FOR MY 40) or the possibility of making some is a great luxury to have!

since my tank crash I wont have it any other way!

Good Luck!

mmittlesteadt
03/07/2015, 08:47 PM
I've heard and read far too many stories of problems with reef tanks...mostly from skimping on probably the most overlooked requirement...pure water!

I was going to try and get by with tap water, but I took the plunge and got an RODI unit and although I haven't even filled my tank with it yet and I'm new to this, I understand just how important it is.

I agree with you. But honestly from everything I've read, RODI isn't a luxury, but a necessity.

noj3333
03/07/2015, 09:06 PM
RODI water is a necessity for most, unless you have exceptional water, or your willing to possibly put extra work in.

EXTRA, RO/DI water is also a necessity, I try to keep 20 gallons of RODI and 40 gallons of salt on hand.

FraggledRock
03/07/2015, 09:08 PM
tru necessity/must over a luxury, but it will feel like a luxury if you ever experienced not having it on hand before!

gone fishin
03/07/2015, 09:10 PM
It usually only takes one oh crap moment for this lesson to sink in.

FraggledRock
03/07/2015, 09:24 PM
It usually only takes one oh crap moment for this lesson to sink in.

that's all it took for me.

ironically though, it happened while my RODI unit was being shipped!...

it hit even harder... lol

cmoore806
03/08/2015, 03:26 AM
Im gearing up for my first saltwater tank and the first thing I bought was an RODI system and some 40 gallon tanks. waiting for my tanks to get here before I install. THEN I will get an aquarium and stand, backwards but the only way!