PDA

View Full Version : missing fish

billy mitchell
03/08/2015, 10:22 PM
I have 2 missing fish both are firefish purple and a magnifica .had been it the tank for a few months and firstly the purple one vanished and I put that down to a big crab that used to be there and is now in the sump
next was the Magnifica just vanished one day ...
both were eating and swimming around the reef..had their dart into the reef holes
thought they might have jumped but there is no sigh of them on the floor or on the top of the tank or lights
other fish are all peaceful and not aggressive
fish are

2 foxface
11 blue eyed cardinals
3 pajama cardinals
1 nemo clown
1 bicolour angel
1 yellow dwarf angel
1 lawnmower
1 schooling banner
1 pearl scale butterfly
1 lawnmower
2 skunk cleaner shrimp
3 blue legged hermits
3 turbo snails
has anyone any ideas on what happened as there is no sign of them
tank size is 200+gal
have looked into overflow and sump too
:headwally::headwally::headwally:

pyithar
03/08/2015, 10:36 PM
they may have jumped and your cat/dog might have eaten them? i had a blue clarkii shrimp(freshwater) who liked to go over the pond's wall and walk. one day he met my rotti and that was the end of him. or they maybe hiding or they were killed by something and cleaned up by the crews. if your tank is pretty big, it'll be hard to find the dead fishes especially when they're small.

alexander_ktn
03/09/2015, 02:54 AM
I had small rather bottom dwelling fish like hector's gobies or royal grammas disappear occasionally in a tank, as well as moved or disappeared frags every morning and decided to have a look at the tank at night. The culprit was a Eunice worm (I think it's often called bobbit worm).

So I'd look into the tank at night and see if you have one, too. It might be a million other things, but that one would be easy to confirm.