I have a 75 gallon tank with 2 clowns in it
I want to add:

3-5 Blue green chromis
1 Yellow tang
1 copper banded or pearl scale butterfly
1 royal gramma
1 pajama Cardinal
1 coral beauty

Do I need to add the coral last? What do yall think about this stock? Can I add more

Coral@Reef
03/10/2015, 12:06 AM
Stock looks pretty good. depending on your filtration or if you can keep up with your water changes you can probably add 2 more?

How long has the tank been running? make sure its ready before you add some corals and fish in there.

Reef Frog
03/10/2015, 12:06 AM
3-5 Blue green Chromis
-Very often fight until there is only one left
1 Yellow tang
-75g is considered too small. Can be aggressive.
1 copper banded or pearl scale butterfly
-CB - Special needs as it sometimes is hard to get them on prepared food. See fish forum on RC.
1 royal gramma
-Good
1 pajama Cardinal
-Good
1 coral beauty
-Good. Some but not all have been known to nip corals

You can add coral before or after you add fish. Most add at least one fish first.mnut be sure to quarantine all fish before introducing them to the display.

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 12:55 AM
I meant coral beauty* do I have to add the coral beauty last

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 01:00 AM
So you wouldn't recommend the chromis? I don't want to get them if they are just going to die? What other Main piece fish would go good in here? Might take out chromis off list

Reef Frog
03/10/2015, 01:09 AM
There are some people who have reported keeping multiple BG Chromis in groups for extended periods, but this is probably the exception rather than the rule. It may be easier in a huge tank. But no reason you can't keep one if you like them.

How about a fairy or flasher wrasse? You will need a mesh top, they do like to jump.

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 01:13 AM
I have glass top for the tank but it leaves about 1 inch open on the back of the tank, will the little fishy get through there?

I also want about 3-4 center piece fish to describe it, the yellow tang, the butterfly, and what other 2 fish are a good size to go along with my tang and butterfly? Any suggestions? Really looking for that center piece with small fish around them

1fstnsx
03/10/2015, 01:37 AM
In my 70 I have this:

2 BG chromis
2 Clowns
1 Leopard Wrasse
1 Mimic Blenny
1 Watchman goby
1 Yellow Tang (small)

All get along fine, but 1 chromis once in awhile chases the other one. i plan on adding 1-2 small fish.

YMMV.

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 01:38 AM
Do you know any other center piece good size fish I could add along with the yellow tang and butter fly?

1fstnsx
03/10/2015, 01:44 AM
Are you looking for small fish as a center piece? Your Tang and butterfly will get big already.

I would look into getting a nice wrasse or Basslet but thats just me.

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 02:00 AM
I was looking for 1 more big center piece fish really? Please help:( would my tang get ick easily????

pyithar
03/10/2015, 02:25 AM
Are you looking for small fish as a center piece? Your Tang and butterfly will get big already.

I would look into getting a nice wrasse or Basslet but thats just me.

this. i would even swap the yellow tang with the kole tang because the tank is only 75G.

pyithar
03/10/2015, 02:33 AM
I was looking for 1 more big center piece fish really? Please help:( would my tang get ick easily????

since you already have a tang in there, you can't have another algae grazing fish like onespot foxface or another tang in 75G. they will not get along because of same "ecological niche" like steve always says. if you're gonna quarantine everything that's wet, all your fish will be ich free.

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 02:40 AM
Quarintine everything that's wet? What does that mean? I quarantine my fish before I put them in my display tank? I have to quarantine my rock and everything else? Iv been through ice and let it fallow for 8 weeks already. I Really I don't want ick ever again so should I just leave the tang out and get a fox face?

pyithar
03/10/2015, 03:33 AM
there're some very rare cases that 8 weeks is not enough. people usually do 10 weeks or even 12 weeks just to be on the safe side. but i think 8 weeks is enough for most. it MAY take 72 days to hatch for some ich cysts. and those cysts could be on the shells of snails, new liverocks, corals, and even macro algae like chaeto and caulerpa that you buy from the fish shop that has ich in their system. since you have fallowed your system and liverocks in it as well, your tank is ich free and you don't need to quarantine the rocks and corals again. what i meant was to quarantine the liverocks, corals, cuc, fish, macro algae(all wet) that you plan to buy in the future. you could get the tang if you want. i really like my kole tang. as long as you quarantine all new arrivals and treat them as needed, your tank will be ich free.

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 03:41 AM
But won't stress bring ich back into the tank? Or if I qt the fish for a month and make sure he's eating and stuff I should be okay? Do you think a small yellow mimic/Phillipine tang would be better and not as easy to get ick as a normal yellow tang?

pyithar
03/10/2015, 03:59 AM
if you don't have ich in the system, they won't get ich if stressed or not. when i qt tangs, i use cupramine even when there's no sign of ich just to be on the safe side. people now use tank transfer method and observe for a month because they don't wanna use chemicals on fish. i think mimic tangs need a larger tank than a 75G. as for who's easier to get ich, i think it'll be the same for both fish.

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 04:18 AM
Before I didn't qt my fish before I put them in that might be why they got sick and died. So this time I followed the tank, quarintined remaining of fish and now I have 2 clownfish looking healthy and eating. I know clowns are hardy so I not quite sure if it's working or not. I'm really worried about the tang getting ich, I just have to qt him for a month make sure everything is good and I should be okay? I really want the yellow tang though:(

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 04:18 AM
How long do you qt with cupramine Cuz that's what I use now

pyithar
03/10/2015, 04:43 AM
30 days with the copper concentration at 0.5 mg/L (0.4 mg/L for angels and copper sensitive fishes). you'll need to test copper concentration at least once a day with a proper test kit. don't put anything but pvc in the quarantine tank because if you put liverocks and sand, they will absorb copper. also take out carbon and polypads which will also absorb copper. set up the new water as the same copper concentration as the qt before you do the water change.

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 04:53 AM
Do I need to qt live rock and sand? Pretty sure the rock was cured and the local fish store is very good over here. Pretty sure no parasites or anything. Not really going to worry about it. But I have a tank and I'll get a new filter, I'll put a new filter pad in my main tank filter so it can get good bacteria,
how long till it gets good bacteria on it to move it to qt tank?
Do I just use the main tank water and put it in the qt tank?
Then do I let the tank run off the good filter media and displayed tank water until parameters are good?
Then I start to dose with cupramine (.5) for most fish and (.4) for fish that can't tolerate it as much?
Then I double it within a few days? I forgot how many days or whatever I just need to get it to (.10) or something?
How often do I water change? Then let fish sit in qt for 30 days make sure everyone is eating good and healthy then I can put them in the display tank?
Sorry so many questions. I appreciate everything you have told me and I am listening closely. Thank you again .

Oakes1523
03/10/2015, 04:54 AM
I forgot what directions said I haven't used in a couple months. I'm not totally sure about doubeling it, maybe it was .25 to .50 or .5 to .10

pyithar
03/10/2015, 05:53 AM
if you trust the lfs, so be it. just rinse them well in saltwater before introducing to your system.

you can put the new filter pad in the sump or in the tank for at least two weeks, mix some display water with new water, add the "seeded" new filter pad from the system. and run the tank

according to the cupramine bottle directions, add the cupramine to the qt to reach copper concentration of 0.25 mg/L first day (direction says 20 drops per 40L but i think i needed a bit more drops to reach 0.25mg/L). wait 48 hours. then add more cupramine so that final concentration becomes 0.5 mg/L.

but it's ok to add cupramine over 3, 4 days or a week till the copper concentration reaches 0.5mg/L. the goal is to reach 0.5mg/L and maintain this level for 30 days. it is important to test copper concentration throughout becuase you don't want it to get too low or too high.

need of water changes depends on the amount of fish, quarantine tank size, feedings. let's assume to do water change, you mixed 40L of new water in a container, you'll then need to add approximately 40 drops of cupramine to reach 0.5 mg/L. test the new water. and then you could do the water change.

after 30 days in the qt with cupramine concentration 0.5mg/L, your fish can go back into the display.
good luck.

Oakes1523
03/11/2015, 01:47 AM
Thank you!!!!