PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

Stephen.h
03/10/2015, 12:10 AM
Have my Trigon 190 tank set up for 2 months now.
So far has a false clown fish and a blood shrimp.
Looking to add a blue tang and yellow tang last but looking at adding another two more but not sure what would be suitable.
Been looking at
Green chromis (Small shoel)
small picasso triggerfish
purple dottyback
or another clown.
Any help would be appreciated. Will be upgrading the tank in the future when tangs start to get bigger also.
thanks

pyithar
03/10/2015, 04:11 AM
is it 190L?
then ~48G is too small even for a yellow tang
green chromis kill each other till only one left
picasso trigger needs bigger tank and is not reef safe (may eat snails and shrimps)
dottybacks are aggressive but might be ok
another clown will be ok
just my opinions :)

Stephen.h
03/10/2015, 07:34 AM
This tank will be upgraded very soon so the small tangs will be retanked well before get bigger

scooter31707
03/10/2015, 07:42 AM
Green Chromis are fine if they are in groups of 3 or more, but you have to add them all at once. You said you will be upgrading soon, but didn't mention what size, so your livestock will still depend on what size you get. so that info will help us out on giving advice. so based on your recommend livestock, i recommend a at least a 180 gallon or better.

Stephen.h
03/10/2015, 07:51 AM
Looking to get 400/500 litre. This hopefully be enough for the two tangs, one clown, and 3 green chromis. Hope they don't kill each other the chromis

julie180
03/10/2015, 08:09 AM
Its best to wait until you own the larger tank. Plans are known to change then you have a big fish stuck in a small tank!