PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic Life 115 Skimmer

Mythicalelf
03/10/2015, 12:43 PM
If you have used this, how did you like it?
It would be for my biocube 29.

Mythicalelf
03/17/2015, 07:17 AM
UPDATE
I got this delivered the other day been running for @2 days. I know there is not any thing really for it to take out yet due to the tank just cycling but the bubbles going into the tube is a little crazy to control. It wants to fill up to quickly. i think i have it set better now but we will see

ryeguyy84
03/17/2015, 07:29 AM
I had one when I had a biocube. it worked well, but I did the airline mod on it. made it work a little better.

Mythicalelf
03/17/2015, 07:53 AM
Yeah I already added that and it seems to helps some. It has been awhile since I broke in a skimmer and I couldn't remember if they would run wet then start running drier foam but I'm just gonna wait it out a couple days and see how it goes.

ryeguyy84
03/17/2015, 10:22 AM
I've never been able to get that skimmer to run "Dry". it was always dehydrated pee colored. like a dark yellow haha best description I could think of.

it'll slime up in a few days or a week and the micro bubbles will get better. Also it took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out the little adjustment knob only spins around once. it's not like a gate valve.

Norman123
03/17/2015, 11:10 AM
Considering how reasonably priced it is I like it for a small tank. Good value.