PDA

View Full Version : Copper banded, fox face, banner fish?

Oakes1523
03/11/2015, 03:39 AM
Will copper banded butterfly, one spot fox face, and banner fish get along ok in my 75 gallon tank?

Puffyluv
03/11/2015, 04:23 AM
75 is too small for everything except the foxface. When you keep fish in a tank too small, aggression between species always gets worse. Wouldn't try it. ;)

scooter31707
03/11/2015, 06:00 AM
+1..

Sk8r
03/11/2015, 11:39 AM
Even the foxface. They get panicky as they grow, and above a certain size, may start freaking out and killing their tankmates.

Oakes1523
03/11/2015, 07:12 PM
Could I keep a fox face and copper banded together? Along with my other fish I have. What other butterfly's would go good, small and easy

Puffyluv
03/12/2015, 05:36 AM
Looked to see what other fish you have by looking at your other threads...it appears this is your 9th post on this topic.

Three people here said no.. just as everyone told you no on your yellow tang - which you added anyway despite advice your tank is too small.

It is clear you will keep asking until someone agrees with you, then go out and buy more fish to stuff in your tank because one person out of 20 agreed it would be fine. Not that many people here have agreed with much in your crazy stocking plan.

scooter31707
03/12/2015, 07:59 AM
You might can get away with a Spotband Butterflyfish which is max size of 5 inches and requires a min of 70 gallons. Other than that, no other butterfly fish will go, especially now that you have a yellow tang. Oh by the way, good luck introducing any other fish in there with that yellow tang getting established!

kenpau
03/12/2015, 08:10 AM
Could I keep a fox face and copper banded together? Along with my other fish I have. What other butterfly's would go good, small and easy

The copperband is far from easy, I wouldn't even think about it if I were you, probably something around 80% of these that are bought die within a few weeks. They are listed as expert on liveaquaria

wnehez
03/12/2015, 09:32 AM
The copperband is far from easy, I wouldn't even think about it if I were you, probably something around 80% of these that are bought die within a few weeks. They are listed as expert on liveaquaria

Woohoo Im an expert than!! Finally!! I'd like to thank the academy, god, and the people on here that always believed in me and supported me throughout my growth! Oh and of course my lovely wife who at first complained I was spending too much time and money on the tank and now is as much of a reefer as me! :beer: