PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing: Will this work?

anoriega211
03/13/2015, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

I wanted to find out if anyone has any idea if this'll work before I go cutting hosts and splicing.

Currently - I have a Jebao 12000 DC pump with a 1" return line up to my DT. The sump is just in the stand so it's a short run to the top of the tank, plenty of head pressure if I needed it, I have it running at the lowest setting now. I also have a separate MJ1200 in my sump feeding a BRS dual reactor.

Proposed - I'm interested in getting rid of the MJ1200 and driving everything off of the return pump. I have a 1" tee fitting with a 3/4" threaded side and threaded quick connect fitting for the hose to the reactor.

I'm curious if there'll be enough head pressure to drive the water through the reactor being as it's 1" straight through the tee. Obviously that would be the path of least resistance as it only has to fight gravity, so does that mean I'd have to maybe put a gate valve on the way up to the tank to force there to be a little more pressure to get this to work? Or is there another solution that could be use here instead to accomplish the same goal of getting rid of the MJ1200?

Thanks,
Andres

RocketEngineer
03/13/2015, 05:31 PM
You will need to put a valve to control the flow through the reactor because the path of least resistance does not involve going 4' vertically, it involves going 12" sideways.

anoriega211
03/14/2015, 01:22 AM
Thank you for the reply, thankfully I already have a valve on the inlet of the reactor to control the flow there. I guess I'll cut the line and throw my tee into place.

Thanks!