PDA

View Full Version : buying corals on RC...

JammyBirch
03/14/2015, 09:02 AM
Bought a Monti Stylo that was DOA, seller will re-ship but i have to pay for shipping...again. Make sure you ask a lot of questions before buying stuff from people. I was ticked off that i got a dead coral, now i'm really hot...

There isn't a vendor in the world that would ship you something, have it show up in a less than exceptable condition and do nothing for you.

Riddiculous...

Sellers...Insure this stuff, we have to pay for the insurance by the way it's a couple of bucks. Geez...

SaltyDoug
03/14/2015, 11:22 AM
I might be mistaken but I believe very few online vendors provide insurance for the shipping in addition to the item itself.

Having worked in a ups facility myself for nearly a year I can assure you I'm amazed that any life forms are capable of surviving transit. People literally are playing soccer on the trailers with some of these boxes. :reading:

That said you can hardly expect a small business to stay afloat every time they comp someone a 30 to 50 re-shipping fee. If it was indeed there own negligence that caused the coral to die I would hope they would help you out in that case

Guygettnby
03/14/2015, 01:21 PM
Most people that sell on RC do not cover shipping charges if the item comes DOA. They either refund you what you paid or ship you out another coral at your cost. They also require you to show pictures and contact them within a certain amount of time after the package was delivered, plus they want it still in the bag when pictures are taken.

With that said, I do believe sellers should send you a freebie to help make the shipping charges a bit easier to repay. I know I used to do that, but not all sellers are the same. Ask questions before you buy and make sure your aware of where they stand if this does happen.

joyce322
03/14/2015, 01:22 PM
You may want to buy from your local fish store. That way you see what you get and also support them at the same time. Sorry that happened to you.

billdogg
03/14/2015, 01:38 PM
I buy only from the LFS, and from Frag Swaps. No shipping charges and there's nobody but me to blame if it's DOA.

mr.maroonsalty
03/14/2015, 02:05 PM
Before getting hot, just get your money back. If the entire shipment was dead you might have a beef about the shipping, but other than that no one covers shipping.

Mythicalelf
03/14/2015, 03:18 PM
Liveaquria doesn't even refund shipping. Which sucks but it's online buying.
The only time they do is if the package is late and the livestock died. Anything beyond that the shipping part was upheld.

gone fishin
03/14/2015, 05:19 PM
IMO it is not right to hold a hobbiest selling off a frag to the same level as a business. just my 2 cents

billsreef
03/14/2015, 05:38 PM
Sellers...Insure this stuff, we have to pay for the insurance by the way it's a couple of bucks. Geez...

Neither FedEx or UPS will cover live arrival of livestock, so there is no insurance to be had to cover DOAs.

delor
03/14/2015, 06:01 PM
Neither FedEx or UPS will cover live arrival of livestock, so there is no insurance to be had to cover DOAs.

Was just going to say this! If you buy insurance on anything live, you are wasting money.