PDA

View Full Version : New GBTA Help

mwrobers
03/15/2015, 04:44 PM
I purchased my GBTA yesterday along with the pictured clown. I drip acclimated for 1 hour prior to introduction. I did a 20% water change the day prior to purchase. The pair have been inseparable since introduction. Anemone looked good overnight and this morning. Around noon, it was deflated and released stringy stuff. From research, could be poop or zooanthele. It's been over 5 hours, so I'm concerned now. The tank is 14 months old and has only housed a cleanup crew of hermits and snails for the past 12 months. Tank is 20g with 10g sump. Lighting is Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light, 24 to 36-Inch, PH 8.0, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, Temp 79, Salinity 1.025. I have two Hydor Koralia circulation pumps (450 gph and 240 gph) and the sump return for flow. I have a skimmer and activated carbon in the sump as well. I greatly appreciate any advice on this.

REEFBUILDER1
03/15/2015, 04:53 PM
I think the Maroon is stressing him out it looks like its melting

top shelf
03/15/2015, 05:39 PM
^^^^ +1 from what I've read maroons can sometimes bully their host to death. It could also just be unhappy with itself and could rebound in a few hrs. Good luck with the nem.

mwrobers
03/15/2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks...I moved the clown, so maybe I'll see some improvement.

mwrobers
03/15/2015, 09:08 PM
After moving the clown to the QT, anemone is looking much better. Will keep them separated until the anemone gets fully settled in. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Norman123
03/15/2015, 10:46 PM
I've tried to add an anenome to my maroons on three separate occasions and finally gave up. The anenomes now reside in my nano tank with regular clowns. It seems that maroons are very rough on anenomes. Good luck!

Gibsonnnn
03/16/2015, 10:01 AM
I had an anemone under the same lighting system as you and he was not happy. Would constantly move, inflate/deflate, eventually ended up returning him to the store.

Purchased a higher watt LED system in December and thought I would give another bubble tip a shot.

Below is the new anemone who has been doing great, has not moved since initially placed in the tank. I was extremely disappointed with the Current Marine LED lighting system and would advise a new lighting system to happily keep the bta.

mwrobers
03/16/2015, 08:08 PM
Anemone is back to normal. Fed a piece of scallop and it readily ate it. Depending on how the night goes, may attempt to reintroduce clown tomorrow.

Norman123: Hope you're wrong, but I'm prepared to part with the maroon if necessary.

Gibsonnnn: Nice! I've read mixed reviews on the Orbit Marine LED. What type of system did you buy.

Gibsonnnn
03/18/2015, 09:50 AM
It was the 48-60 inch that covered my 60 gallon. If it continues to be unhappy could be the lightning if the parameters are correct, in that case I know the feeling of having to shell out some extra money for a new light if you truly want to keep certain specimen/corals.

rffanat1c
03/18/2015, 02:01 PM
That Light is not sufficient. Look at their par rating on their site. Best it can do is Lps high in the tank.

Gibsonnnn
03/18/2015, 04:40 PM
That Light is not sufficient. Look at their par rating on their site. Best it can do is Lps high in the tank.

Tried that, honestly can not even do that.