PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on arrow crab

Naterade86
03/16/2015, 09:45 AM
I would really like to get an arrow crab I'm just not sure what the benefits of having one is I think they're cool again and I thought it would be a neat addition to my system only issue is I don't know if it will be harmful to my other crustacean I have several electric blue leg hermit crabs into peppermint shrimps also an array of corals and currently 0 fish should I be worried to add this little fella

Calappidae
03/16/2015, 09:57 AM
With just those guys you should be fine.

Crabs are oppertunistic, if food is easy to grab infront of them, they'll grab it. They eat benefical bristleworms too. Everything you have is pretty fast or difficult for the arrow crab to successfully attack.

I had one, but he grew nearly basketball size and outgrew my 125 gallon! after he ate a chromis..

Betta132
03/16/2015, 11:52 AM
Arrows are opportunistic and WILL kill anything they can manage. It'll be dangerous to any small fish you add, can threaten larger fish, and will probably go after your peppermint shrimp. I wouldn't suggest one unless you keep it in your sump.

Naterade86
03/16/2015, 02:08 PM
Huh , would it make a difference if I fed him regularly we that reduce aggression...and possibly stear him from my other little friends. P

hotelbravo
03/16/2015, 03:05 PM
Huh , would it make a difference if I fed him regularly we that reduce aggression...and possibly stear him from my other little friends. P

Not likely to make a difference

Calappidae
03/16/2015, 04:58 PM

Making sure he isn't ever hungry would, but being a crab which usually has a lot of motabolism, achieving that is pretty difficult.