PDA

View Full Version : Bio Pellets vs Air Soft Pellets

Mock
03/17/2015, 07:24 AM
What is the difference. I have looked at both of these ingredients and labels and both claim to be biodegradable.

Has anyone looked into this before, a simple search pulls up nothing.

Mock
03/18/2015, 07:58 AM
Anyone???

nikon187
03/18/2015, 10:39 AM
doesnt biodegradable mean it just breaks down? garbage breaks down

Jason S
03/18/2015, 11:46 AM
Well, a steak is biodegradable, but I wouldn't be adding it to my tank any time soon :D

It all comes down to ingredients. Airsoft BBs are made of hard plastics while some biodegradable ones are made from corn starch I believe. Biopellets are very diverse, and none are made the same. Some are various polymer blends, while some will even have GFO and carbon in them.

Mock
03/18/2015, 12:14 PM
Well, a steak is biodegradable, but I wouldn't be adding it to my tank any time soon :D

It all comes down to ingredients. Airsoft BBs are made of hard plastics while some biodegradable ones are made from corn starch I believe. Biopellets are very diverse, and none are made the same. Some are various polymer blends, while some will even have GFO and carbon in them.

So, would it be safe to say that there might actually be an airsoft pellet out there that could work? Makes me want to just start reading labels and really breaking them down.

nikon187
03/18/2015, 03:35 PM
maybe....BRS pellets are Polyhydroxyalkanoates or PHA

mcgyvr
03/18/2015, 04:03 PM
BioAirsoft pellets are typically Polypropylene/Barium Sulphate/Degradable Additives
I'm no chemist but I don't think they are a suitable substitute at all..